Wk 5 Florida 21 @ Alabama 38

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Sep 4, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Wk 5 Florida 21 @ Alabama 38

Tuscaloosa---

Florida caught the Red Eye to Tuscaloosa, landing late in the evening or early morning you pick. The Gators were welcomed by 90,000 Bama fanatics and the regular SEC rain storm. (They are the norm for Alabama football games.)

The two teams traded punches in the first quater with both teams drawing blanks ending the quarter 0-0 (Florida missed a FG in the first quarter that could have gave them the lead). The second quarter started with QB Greg McElroy finding WR Julio Jones uncovered and in the middle of the end zone for the first scored of the game. On the Gators following drive FS Mark Baron picked off a tipped pass and raced 40 yards to the end zone pushing Bama's lead to 14-0. Florida would regroup and on their next drive and work their way down the field for their first score. Bama answered with there own TD with under 2 minutes to go in the half. The Gators put a solid two minute drill drive together before the half to cut the lead to 21-14.

The Tide was able to shut down Florida in the second half (momentum was turned when Gator return man Joe Hayden's fair catch signal was missed by the officials. Hayden was decked and Alabama recovered the fumble).Bama went on to score 17 points in a row before giving up Florida's final score with 4:00 minutes left in the 4th quater. Bama worked the clock for the last 4:00 minutes of the game to seal the victory 38-21.

McElroy 15-19 3 TD 1 INT 231 yds
    Brantly 12-25 2 TD 1 INT 184 yds

Ingram 31 att 165 yds 1 TD
    Demps 15 att 65 yds 0 TD

Jones 4 rec 65 yds 1 TD
    Debose 6 rec 99 yds 0 TD

2. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

That was a good game for a little while,lol.
    F'in Alabama crowd man. That punt return fumble was all me, can't believe I did that.
    Good game man.

Have fun this weekend.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Steelah........[​IMG]

4. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

pretty much,lol. I think I am done with late games, put me on auto next time,lol.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just put it on you schedule requirements....9 pm is the latest you can start.

Or is that too late....:confused:

6. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Nah, I am fine with whatever time, just as long as it's planned like "this mornings" game.
    I blame that fumble on my brain not recovering from that Party that happend to have Jimmy Buffet playing at it. Not really into his music, but good Lord he brings the people in, I had an idea, but not at that level.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Jimmy Buffet = my Idle!

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I needed Fosh to lose that game. So when he told me you guys had just played (and it was like a 2 am start time for you) I was like.... .CMON STEELAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Now we know why Fosh scheduled his visits for week 5, and strong armed Steelah into an early morning start.