Wk 5 Texans(32) at Ravens(20)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DJDunn6, May 22, 2010.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Feb 19, 2010
    Wk 5 Texans(32) at Ravens(20)

In what has to be considered a real surprise the Texans leave Maryland with a huge victory tonight 32-20. The Texans who were turning the ball over practically in their sleep and who were also without 3 starters including their QB found a way to win this one.

Coach Dunn who was down to his 3rd string QB John P Wilson preached all week "hold on to the ball" and they did. Houston used 2 early Flacco int's and turned that into 10 quick points and managed a 17-0 first qtr lead. Flacco would throw 5 picks on the night and it really hurt the Ravens chances in this one. The Texans would score on a pick 6 by J Williams and a huge 3rd down pass to little used Brandon Gibson to take a 23-6 lead into the half. There were a couple chances for the Texans to really pull away but frankly they just are not good enough. Houston could not punch it in on a 2nd and 3rd and goal from the 2, also they were left with a 4th and inches a couple times settling for FG's both times. Jacoby Jones who basically gave away a game last week to the Colts ran a KR back for 6 but it was called back for holding.

The Ravens would come out strong in the second half when Flacco found ex Texan Steve Slaton for 6 from 36 yards out. On this night however the Texans would keep answering by either just holding on to the ball, being satisfied with FG's and playing sound D. Flacco when he had time did find Reggie Wayne often and they did connect for a 4th qtr TD. In the end too many turnovers and just enough running from Felix Jones was the difference.
    GG Web those INT's are a killer I am shocked I did not have any myself hope to see you down the road...

Houston Stats:
    John Parker Wilson 11-19-213 and 2 TD's
    Felix Jones 19 carried for 71 yds
    Andre Johnson 4-97 yds
    Felix Jones 3-29 and 1 TD
    Jawan Williams 2 ints

Baltimore Stats:
    20-33-289-2tds-5 INT's
    Reggie Wayne
    6-135-1 td
    7-77 yds and 1 TD