Wk 6: Bucs Ground Cam, Beat Panthers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

This game started out very well for the Carolina Panthers and Cam Newton. Newton led the Panthers on an outstanding opening drive. Running back Jonathan Stewart was also vital in their drive as he had some big carries. Newton would eventually lead the Panthers into the endzone to give Carolina the early lead, 7-0. However on the ensuing kick off, things took a turn for the worst for Carolina. Return man Josh Cribbs would return the kick 95+ yards and tie this game quickly at 7 all. On their next drive Cam Newton would be picked by FS Dashon Goldson. That, however; would lead to no Buccaneer points. The Buccaneer defense, from that point, would buckle down and force Carolina into multiple punts. Josh Freeman would find a streaking Brandon Gibson for a 71 yard TD score, and later connect with Mike Williams from 37 yards out. Carolina had no answer all day for running back Doug Martin. Martin had a nice 53 yard touchdown run in the 3rd, in which he beat the defense to the outside. Tampa would pull away pretty early in the ball game and eventually get the victory, 35-14.

Player of the Game:

TB / RB Doug Martin - 17 Carries, 149 Yards, 1 TD

Key Stats:

The Bucs outgained the Panthers in yardage, 369 to 277.
    Cam Newton was held to only 26 yards rushing.
    The Panthers turned the ball over 2 times (INTs). The Bucs did not turn it over once.

GG Warhawk AKA dreadman ... See you in Carolina!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

GG Loren...that damn Doug Martin is a beast!!! I couldnt win the one on one match-ups against your safties as they picked me off everytime I thought I had a deep route opportunity. I thought I played pretty good defense at first... but on a couple of those long throwing TD's of yours, we couldnt make a play on the ball. I was in zone on a couple of those TD throws.....and my dudes wouldnt even put their hands up to make a play...smh! On to the next and we look 4ward to seeing you in Carolina!

• Like Like x 3
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yea that one TD to Mike Williams, I noticed your guy was in zone and got pushed off at the line. Your safety was right there too but Freeman snuck it in that window. Honestly I think that's the best throw I've seen him make since the reboot. A second or two later and it probably would've been pick 6.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Freeman put it right where it needed to be and the CB and S ended up hitting each other:) lol.... I felt like I couldve ran more with Cam....but im trying to learn to be more or a situation runner with him and not go overboard with it. With any QB..I feel like I have presence in the pocket and I'm able to move around in the pocket to make a throw....but this dude Cam has some legs and can run. Just have to find a way to mix it all in and keep it within what we do here in 12th Man

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yea, I hear ya man. If it's there take it. I put a spy on him in a lot of plays, but he still probably could have gotten yardage if you had ran. Him and J Stew are a dangerous mix, especially in the QB read!

• Like Like x 1