WK. 7 Saints 34 VS Colts 31

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jun 1, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    WK. 7 Saints 34 VS Colts 31

Indianapolis, IN - Savage Mason Reporting

Week 7 and it's highly anticipated match up vs the Colts is finally here. The red hot Saints (6-1) faced off against an even hotter Colts (4-2) team in a battle of 1 loss teams for one of the top seeds in this early OMFL Season 3. This one should be interesting. Saints field one of the fastest teams in the OMFL with the #1 ranked offense. Colts filed one of the better defensives in the league with widely unknowns on offense. Which team's weaknesses would shine through and which team would leave this week with bragging rights for an early season, hang your hat on, victory.

After a quick restart and a quicker 3-0 for the Colts, Saints march right down the field in classic Saints manner, by using both the run and the pass. Colts tighten though and Saints settle for a 48 yard fg to take an early lead. 3-0 Saints.

That would actually be all the action in the 1st quarter. The only other big deal that happened was Colts QB Painter went down after taking a huge hit and he would not return. Saints looked to have this one in the bucket after moving the ball at will, yet after this injury it was the Colts who would turn things around.

2nd quarter would be all Colts, as their defense would really rattle and get too English. Colts would tie the game at 3 after a 40 + yard fg themselves. 3-3 tie.

Saints would answer right back with one of the best runs you will ever see (4050 pt ranking) as Jacobs would take a hand off 45 yards for the score after using a nice spin move and running over 6 players to the endzone. 10-3 Saints.

This is when things got nasty for the Saints. English would throw 3 picks in the 2nd quarter. One was a throw while trying to break out of a sack, just a lucky break for Colts, one was just a horrible decision on a crossing route, and the last was a long pass with one on one coverage and the Colts DB just made a great grab. One of those INTs was returned for a td to tie the game at 10 each.

Back up QB and rookie Mcallister would throw a perfect 49 yard pass bomb to Bowe for the 17-10 Colts lead. This would be how the 1st half would come to a close.

The 3rd quarter would see the Saints keep pushing English to put this game on his back. Not a whole lot happened other than the Saints making the game tied late in the quarter with a 2 yard dash from Jacobs to make it 17-17 each.

The 4th quarter would be when the Saints and Colts would both go to another level, and this game would turn into an instant classic.

With the game tied at 17-17 each, and the Colts driving, Mcallister would make his only mistake of the game, throwing a deep ball into double coverage which would be user picked by FS Williams. Saints would take the ball on the 5 yard line and cap off a 95 yard drive with a perfect play action pass from English to Ingram for the td. 24-17 Saints.

Colts would take a whole 30 seconds for Mcallister to hit Robertson for a 56 yard td pass to tie the game at 24 each.

Saints would come right back with a 3 min drive of their own, this time capped off by a 7 yard td run from English, who now has 4 rushing tds on the year. 31-24 Saints.

Colts would get several key 3rd downs on their next drive, capping one of those 3rd downs off with a 12 yard run from Mcallister to tie the game at 31 with 12 seconds left.

Colts would then try and squib kick the ball, but RB Washington would scoop up the kick and return it to the 35 yard line of the Saints after some key blocks by Saints special teams. He would get it out of bounds with 4 seconds left and Hartley would kick a 42 yard game winning FG with 1 second left.

Saints would perfectly perform the squib, steal the game, and run out of the locker room and onto the bus with a 34-31 win VS the Colts.

Stats on the game:

This was an amazing game from both team. There was some of the best plays you will ever see in this highlight reel. Both teams fought hard for the win, but the Saints just got the breaks in this one.

Player of the game:

9 rushes for 81 yards and 2 TDs. Jacobs, even though not great stats all season, has been a monster for the Saints and has been a key reason that they have controlled the clock in every single game. Jacobs and Keller (even English for that matter) have averaged close to 100 yards each game they have played, and each game is only getting better. Jacobs was a huge pick up for the Saints, and todays run was one of the greatest you will ever see.

GG Mustang. There is nothing more I can say about it. Both teams battled, I threw everything I had, and you done the same. Let's hope for a rematch in OMFL Bowl 3.(y)
  2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Sep 24, 2009
    painter out for season for you power ranking SOBs. Never heard of him nor will you ever LOL.

Great game Nate, definately a classic for sure. I haven't kicked a squib in 2 years of the OMFL and decided to kick one because i was afraid of Miller and his legacy. That worked out well. Right to leon washington off the bounce!

Anyways I played with heart and caught some breaks of my own. GG, good luck this season, finally got the team on track!

PS - Beat dunlap k thx
  3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Oct 8, 2009
    These Saints are putting together a great season.