Wk 8 Chiefs 33 Bengals 27

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tankwillis, Jun 4, 2010.

1. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Wk 8 Chiefs 33 Bengals 27

Week 8's OMFL matchup of AFC playoff hopefuls began with a 26 yard Palmer TD pass to #85, but ended 41/2 quarters later as Josh Freeman found 2nd year WR J. Bellows for a 55 yard TD that ended the game midway through overtime. In between the teams traded big plays and hard hitting defensive plays in a seesaw battle of AFC playoff hopefuls.

Freeman seemed confused by the Bengals defense, throwing 5 ints on the day. But the Chiefs would get another solid effort from the Tank who ran for over 100 yards for the second consecutive week.

A win for the Chiefs that coach Willis described as "lucky". THe Bengals moved the ball efffortlessly through the air, and forced 5 turnovers on defense. But they also had 3 flukey fumbles, none worse than just outside fieldgoal range in overtime. The Bengal secondary in particular was dominant, with young safety Morrison decapitating people while Joseph and Asante locked down (mostly) the young duo of Bellows and Maclin.

Hey man great game and good luck the rest of the way. Good stuff!

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ohh, I called 34-21, close, close! Good win man.

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Great Game. Willis had two huge plays that really defined the game. After being sacked back to their own 1 yard line, Willis was able to get some room by a 10 yard screen by Maclin to set up 3rd and 9. The next play, he hit a wide open WR down the sideline to take it 90 yards.

The other play was a 55 yard pass to Bellows that appeared to be another INT, but Asante, the young SB undercut the pass and missed it leaving an open field for Bellows to take it to the house, which won the game. *Cries*

The Bengals forced 5 INTs, but also fumbled 3 or 4 times, and threw one INT. A hard fought game, and a very disappointing loss. Graham missed a 55 yarder with time expiring, and Ray Rice fumbled in OT at the KC 33(ish).

Heartbreaking, but the Bengals will recovery. Great Game Willis.

Nate, it WAS the GOTW. Probably wont get a better game than this one...

4. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Too MuchFun

Was just a great game - fun - and man I can't wait for the next matchup, the next season, the nextmadden.......

And those 2 plays were key. I think the 90 yarder was to Underwood, and the game winner I just kinda flung up there hoping Bellows could get free.

You played great - and your safety play was superb. I mean you had me read like a book most plays.

5. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Too MuchFun

Was just a great game - fun - and man I can't wait for the next matchup, the next season, the nextmadden.......

And those 2 plays were key. I think the 90 yarder was to Underwood, and the game winner I just kinda flung up there hoping Bellows could get free.

You played great - and your safety play was superb. I mean you had me read like a book most plays.

The Rice fumble in overtime was killer.