WK#9 GOTW Chargers/Texans OT Thriller

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sammymitchell25, Jun 11, 2010.

1. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

WK#9 GOTW Chargers/Texans OT Thriller

Each team could not stop eachothers offense, Chargers stop the texans on thier first possesion to begin the game, one of the few times they would all game. Chargers, with new coach Mitchell, (formerly Broncos coach) drive downfield with a score coming out of the gates. Texans answer with a quick 3-play drive to nod it up at 7s. Texans force a Chargers punt and score another TD to go up 14-7. Knowing they get the ball after halftime, The Chargers know they have to put some points on the board before the half, taking the ball downfield and scoring the game tying TD with 3 seconds left in the Half. Defenses would tighten up a bit in the second half. Each team scoring 7 each as the game winds down under 2 minutes. Texans have the ball in Charger territory at the 47, When Matt Shaub makes his only miscue of the game, while getting hit, he throws a duck which is picked off at the 22 yd line. With little time, about 1 minute to go, the Chargers are thinking GW FG, but have to get in range first. With a few fast plays, The Chargers find themselves 3rd down at the Texans 40 YD line with 9 seconds to go in the game. (all i was thinking was, We have to get ten yards to win the game) say coach Mitchell. So on third down, Chargers tried to hit Owen Daniels sitting down in the zone, but was hit hard by Texans to knock the ball out, Chargers had to try a prayer FG 57 yarder which came up a little short.

I was thinking the whole time that whoever got the ball in O.T. would end up winning this game, and thats exactly what happened, The Chargers won the toss and chose to recieve of course ( remember Bears a few years ago in real life chose to Kick in OT, crazy). Joshua Cribbs, who came close to returning it a few times, took the OT kickoff 103 yards for the Game-winning score, Ending 27-21 OT

Nate was exactly right about this game being the Game of the week, We both played great in this one, Maybe soon the NFL would adopt the college OT rules, just didnt seem fair to win just because of the coin-toss

Great game Dunn, good luck the rest of the year.

Bring on the Pats, I think. "GULP"

Stats:

sorry, cant sign in to easports online franchise site, says my username and/or password is not right, getting late ill fix tomorrow and post stats and that OT KO return

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

nice win sammy.

dunn, i blame this on the schuab comeback?

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

WoW...looks like i called this as the GOTW!

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Great win Sam! Sounds like a good one. Maybe there really is something to your theory that you play better when you are not at my house. lol

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On