WK10: Patriots 35 Colts 28

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Dec 6, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

WK10: Patriots 35 Colts 28

Patriots defense hold strong to end Colts winning streak.

[​IMG]

INDIANAPOLIS -- In the highly anticipated matchup of two of the OMFL's top teams the Colts (8-0) would host the Patriots (6-2). Patriots would look to knock off the second undefeated team they faced this year.

First Half

Manning and Brady both seem to struggle in the first quarter as both teams felt each others defenses out and would finish the quarter 0-0. Early in the second Brady would throw his first pick which would set up the Colts first score as Manning hit G.Robinson in the flats to put them up 7-0. Brady would then march his team down field before connecting with Randy Moss on a post for a 31 yard td pass. Colts would add another score to close out the half as Manning hit Randle El for a score to make it 14-7 at the break.

Second Half

Defensively the Patriots in the second half were phenomenal as they did their part stopping the Colts offense from scoring ever again but it would be the Patriots special teams giving up two T.Ginn kickoff returns for TD's as that would be about as much offense the Colts could generate in the half. The Patriots on the other hand went from Brady's arm to the rushing attack led by Taylor, Maroney and Faulk. Faulk would add two scores in the 3rd quarter and Taylor would seal the game with a 16 yard TD run with 11 seconds left in the game. A late hail mary pass by Manning to Ginn would get batted away as the Patriots rejoiced in knocking off another undefeated team.

Patriots did a pretty good job containing Ginn and Clark all game. They also pressured Manning into 5 sacks as he look somewhat puzzled with the many defensive looks Gaddy threw at him all game. These two teams will probably meet again in the playoffs where you can expect another classic battle but until them Brady is up in the OMFL rival 1-0. Let the talks begin.

2. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

If Tom Brady and Payton Manning got into a knife fight who would win?

3. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Brady of course.

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Chad Henne would as he did today!!! haha!

Good game coach, though Ted Ginn not only returned 2 kickoffs for TD's but also 2 Punts for TD's called back both by irrelevant holds!!

I've never had a game returning like that. Good Defense also. I would of ran but Wilfork ate up the middle and brown isnt much of a threat.

I think the D really missed Witherspoon who did something last week to hurt himself. Your running game ate me up.