WK10: Patriots (38) at Chargers (31)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

WK10: Patriots (38) at Chargers (31)

Nobody does it better, Brady 4th quarter heroics leads Patriots to big win in San Diego.

[​IMG]

San Diego, CA

New England would take their undefeated record to Qualcomm Stadium to face the San Diego Chargers under new ownership in Sammy. Brady struggle all game and was not able to catch any rhythm at times but made key completions when the team needed them. The Chargers came with a solid gameplan to pound the ball vs the Patriots defense. Tomilson and Sproles would combine for 179 yards on the ground and 3 scores. Brady threw 3 picks in the first half which help the Chargers build a 21-7 that would soon disappperar with Brady leading 2nd quarter drive that would be finished by a Bush 2 yard TD run. Rivers also tossed two picks in this game one which tied the game at 21-21 at the half in which he threw a pass into the arms of Meriweather for a score. New England couldn't seem to get any separation from the Chargers and with a 7pt lead in the 4th the Chargers would pound the ball downfield again to setup a FB dive by Davis to tie the game at 31-31. Brady having struggled all game as I said earlier he always seem to make the key completions when the team needed them. This final drive was no exception to that as he drove the Patriots into scoring range highlight by a Phelps 23 yard catch that put them on the 1 yard line. Bush would later take it in for the score leaving 9 sec on the clock to secure the Patriots win 38-31

Gore was injured in this game and will miss the rest of the season. He will return during the playoffs and hopefully this is the injury per year that that Patriots had every year and they will be full strength come playoff time.

GG Sammy

2. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Great game, I just couldnt get u off the field when I needed. fumble by LT, and interception by Merriweather was crucial when I had all the momentum, Too good of an owner and team to leave all that time on the clock at the end.

I just hoped u left me with a little bit of time, but great drive at the end to seal it, I dont know who was supposed to be on Welker, but he made some important catches throuout the game across the middle.

The better team definately won this one though, congratulations Gaddy, I came extremely close to giving you that first loss.

I definately see that im getting better, because the other games we have played was over at halftime, maybe u underestimated me coming in. But u quickly made it a game after I took a 21-7 lead

If theres a bright spot, this game gives me confidence going forward, I hung in there with the mighty unbeaten Pats for 3 quarters and 7 min. 52 seconds.

Tying it up right before the half may have been the difference, Its a hard loss to take

great game again, GL the rest of the season, sorry again about Gore

3. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I never underestimate anyone anymore. It could have been easily 28-7 had LT not fumbled the ball. Brady was off not sure about that first pick when he overthrew Watson he rarely does that. The running game was crucial to making it a close game and the fact that you keep me out of my exotic formations was also good.

I think you will get the Chargers in the playoff form before the season is over with.

4. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Thanks alot, I hope so