WK2 - Saints 38 vs 49ers 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 7, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

WK2 - Saints 38 vs 49ers 17

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS OFFENSE EXPLODES - HENDERSON HAS 200 YARDS 3 TDS
    New Orleans, LA - Savage Mason Reporting

Last year the Saints had to travel to San Fran to face the eventual NFC Champs as they were fighting for their Playoff lives. 49ers promptly hung a 30 spot on them and the Saints playoff hopes were dashed to pieces. It was one of the most frustrating games I've ever watched as the 49ers top defense simply hit the Saints in the mouth and the Saints folded.

Fast forward to week 2, and Coach Nate couldn't sleep because these 49ers only got better this past offseason. 49ers were coming in hungry for a win, and the Saints were flying high after whipping up on the Texans.

49ers win the toss and Saints receive first. The defense looked like it was much more of the same as last year. 49ers force a punt after picking up a few first downs. 49ers recently picked up super star Rookie of the Year RB Sanders after being abruptly cut by the Chiefs for off the field issues. First play of the 49ers game and Sanders takes it back 83 yards and simply blows past the Saints defense on a sweep. Great blocking and just super fast speed and the 49ers look to be running away early, 7-0.

Saints get the ball back and again start to plug away at the 49ers super fast defense. Saints running game was simply shut down all day long, Good luck to ANYONE who tries to run on this team. Their lb's are sick nasty fast and their dline is full of horses! Saints settle for a fg to make it 3-7, 49ers.

After a forced punt the 9ers hand the ball to brown, who gets hit by rookie FS Williams and fumbles. Saints recover and make the 49ers pay. English hits Henderson from 5 yards out for the first of 3 tds between the two. 10-3 Saints.

49ers would not be held down though as their running game would break a few holes and the passing game would get it done when needed. Saints hold them to a fg. 10-10 tie right before half time.

After half the 49ers would start to really get things rolling. On a playaction, Saints defense gets caught up on two crisscrossing post patterns and 9ers cash it in for a TD to Davis. 17-10, 49ers.

Saints come right back though and English really gets things rolling. On a 3rd down the 9es send the cbs on a blitz and English quickly hits Henderson who does the rest for the 49 yard td. 17-17 tie.

The 4th quarter was all Saints. They would cash in 3 tds, 2 set up by Henderson. On a blitz, English steps up and hits Henderson who gets it close for a long 1st down play. Jacobs would punch it in to make it 24-17 Saints.

After a turnover the Saints English would find Ingram on a playaction wide open for another td to almost put the game away. 31-17 Saints.

After getting the ball back and trying to run the clock out, English hits Henderson on a screen and Henderson makes one of the nastiest plays that you will ever see. After bouncing off a FS who tried to big hit him, getting the first, spinning and breaking a tackle, dancing the sidelines, and out running everyone for the game sealing td. 38-17 Saints.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/19779006

Saints pick up a much needed, not expected win to keep rolling. This is by far the toughest schedule I've ever had and this was a huge huge win. Next week the Bears come to town for another defensive struggle.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    WR D. HENDERSON
    Henderson has quietly had 2 of the best seasons in OMFL and Saints history, yet hardly ever gets the praise he deserves. Today Devery showed that he is a top threat in the OMFL and will be for years to come. Henderson grabbed 10 catches with 200 yards and 3 tds. Henderson simply took the game over in the 4th quarter, and made one of the most spectacular plays that you will ever see. Henderson will once again have a great year.

Great game 9ers. I told him on pm and I've told the board about this game. If I can crap on him about his game play then I can commend him for cleaning it up. A lot of guys, including myself, said they didnt ever want to play him again. I'll give you your props here and in the board room. it was a very clean game today. Very sim. He's a great player and I also give him props for going out of his way to get this game in. I hope he keeps it up.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

what the heck? didn't you say this would be your worst season?

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Wow...NFC West is up for the taking.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

LOL, I am on a roll right now. Did you guys see that Henderson screen...WOW!