WK2: Titans (28) at Patriots (31)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, May 9, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Sep 22, 2009
    WK2: Titans (28) at Patriots (31)

Patriots steal a win at home vs Titans

Foxboro, MA

In a high impact game from two rival coaches, CoachGaddy has never beaten Ox with an record of 0-4 lifetime. That all came to a end as Gaddy's Patriots would win a close one vs the Titans.

First half belong to the Titans as they jumped on the Patriots early and often. Purcell and Moss would go head to head in the first quarter both scoring touchdowns to a (7-7) tie. Second quarter Titans got the necessary defensive stops to go in the locker room with the lead and the ball at the start of the 3rd (21-14). Brady to Moss connection struggle all game but they continue to test the secondary deep to keep them honest for the underneath stuff and a sprinkle of Gore here and there.

Second half Patriots defense stepped up big time all ignited by a big time Field Goal block by Welker on the Titans first drive. From there Patriots would grind out long drives against the Titans defense. On a 3rd and goal Brady would take a shot as he release and hit Phelps in the endzone to tie the game at (21-21). Brady would see the trainer on the sideline as the crowd stood patiently waiting on his return hoping there was no injury. The Patriots defense would continue to step up big as they would force the Titans to punt again on their next possession. Another long grinding drive for the Patriots would again see them in a 3rd and long. Brady who was working the outs due to heavy congestion in the middle would use it as a decoy on this play as he connected with a streaking Moss for a 48 yard score to take the lead but the Titans were not done yet (21-28). Vince would then connect on a deep corner route that somehow got pass the outstretch arms of Darius Butler into Nate Washington hands as he maneuver his way downfield for the score (28-28). With 22 sec left the Patriots did not want to go to overtime and after two deep passes fell short it came down to a 3rd and long. Brady sending everybody on flys was looking for only 1 target and he connected with Moss to get into field goal range with 1 sec on the clock. When you have the best kicker in the OMFL then a 46 yarder is a chip shot and Bironas hit the game winner to send his old team home with a lost.

GG Ox (1-4)
  2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Wes F***ing Welker blocking that FG won you that game. Another great game between us in the almost annual gaddy bowl.

Even i loss, after such a TERRIBLE performance against dunlap, i leave this game with high spirts and how bout my rookie WR purcell. I kept testing you being the deep safety and he burned you a couple times!

AFC South Champs Titans still winless but after facing 2 of the top 3 QBs to start the season, coach ox knows the wins will come sooner than later. I just got to keep plugging wtih CJ and keep the turnovers down.

GG gaddy. If welker didnt block that FG it would have been OT and everyone knows that tails never fails:)