wk4: Browns (17) @ Chargers (49)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by maij17, May 17, 2010.

1. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

wk4: Browns (17) @ Chargers (49)

Home Opener a W for Chargers.

The Chargers improve to 3-0 on the season after a win against the Browns. It was all about the passing game and defense as Chargers QB Phillip Rivers had an outstanding day throwing for 5tds, and the Chargers defense found a groove, holding the Browns offense to 17 pts.

Chargers would open the game with a 3 and out, and after Browns HB Thomas Jones breaks for 55yds, Chargers defense would buckle down and hold the Browns to just a FG, 3-0 CLE. The Chargers would answer on the next kickoff, as HB Darren Sproles would return it 96yds to give the Chargers their first lead of the game 7-3 SD. After an exchange of punts, Chargers would put together a drive that would culminate in the first of QB Phillip Rivers 5td passes, connecting with WR Vincent Jackson on 3rd down for a 20yd score.

The 2nd quarter would be all Chargers, as the Browns offense was held in check, and QB Rivers would shred Cleveland's defense for two more scores, with 8yd and 21yd passes to TE Antonio Gates, 28-3 SD.

Cleveland would open the 3rd quarter on fire as Coach Ajute would expose Chargers Def. Coordinator Ron Rivera blitz package with a hot read to TE Cameron Jackson, who would break SS Kevin Ellison's tackle to the tune of 71yds for the td, 28-10, SD. Coach Maij would make two mistakes in the game, not changing the play at the line as he felt is was not a good call after his pre snap read, and forcing the ball into double coverage to TE Gates, which would be picked off by FS Gibril Wilson setting up the Browns with great field position. Browns QB Dane Morrow would hit TE Jackson for an 18yd strike for the td, officially making it a game, 28-17SD. However Chargers QB Rivers would kill any rally the Browns thought they had, when he finds a wide open WR Josh Cribbs streaking down the middle of the field for a 67yd catch the would put the Chargers ahead, 35-17. Charges defense would get back to form knocking Browns QB Morrow all over the place in the next drive forcing a punt, Chargers would marched down the field and put the game away with a 17yd pass from Rivers to WR Jackson (threw it on the left side gaddy), 42-17, SD.

The 4th quarter would see Chargers rookie HB Vince Barkins eat up the browns defense for 71yds on 10 carries, Chargers would add a another score on a QB sneak by Kieth Null (I played him in college, :)), Browns would not give up as Morrow would drive the ball at will, but redzone worries would continue as the Browns would be held scoreless, final score 49-17.

The Chargers will stay home for their AFC West opener against the Oakland Raiders, while the Browns head home to host the Arizona Cardinals.

San Diego
    P. Rivers 12-15 260yds 5tds 1int
    V. Barkins 10car 71yds
    A. Gates 4rec 70yds 2tds
    R. Nelson 8tckls 1FF

Cleveland
    D. Morrow 21-39 244yds 2tds 1int
    T. Jones 13car 87yds
    C. Jackson 7rec 136yds 2tds
    J. Abraham 4tckls

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

HE'S BACK

3. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

They started getting back on track after this....WK 15: Chargers (24) at Patriots (42)

[​IMG]

4. maij17

I would say 4 games from last season got me more focused for this year, the close lost to dunlap when I dominated the first half, and the 3 games I got smoked by the 49ers, Pats and Colts. Never wanted to see my "madden" controller hit a wall and explode like my many ps2 sticks then against the 49ers.

5. maij17

The last Charger game I saw in person, damn you Brady.:mad: