WK4: Patriots (44) at Steelers (14)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Feb 16, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Sep 22, 2009
    WK4: Patriots (44) at Steelers (14)

Brady Get Offense Back On Track As Gore Gashes Steelers For Season High.

Pittsburgh, PA

New England (2-1) would look to bounce back after the close lost last week to the Colts as they would travel to Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers (2-0). Steelers coming fresh off a bye would look to continue there winning ways and Patriots were hoping this was the game that the offense got on track.

Steelers would get the ball first and drive the length of the field with a combination of Johnson runs and pinpoint passing of Collins as Johnson would cap off the drive with a 6 yard TD run to put the Steelers up early (7-0). Patriots would respond on the first play of their possession as Gore would run 73 yards to pay dirt to tie it up at (7-7). Steelers would again mount another impressive drive but Collins would throw one of his five interceptions to Mayo in the redzone to stop the drive. From there the Patriots would score 27 unanswered points 2 TD passes by Brady to Welker and Moss, 2 FG by Bironas and another Gore 73 yard run TD run to go up early in the 3rd (34-7). Pittsburgh would add another Johnson 1 yard TD run and Brady would throw another TD pass to Moss from 40 yards out and Bironas would end all scoring with a 39 yard FG in the 4th.

Game was tight early but after the Patriots got up the Steelers had to go away from Johnson who seemed to be having his way with the Patriot front 7. Gore would explode for 191 yards rushing and 2 scores and Butler would add 2 more picks to his league leading 6 on the year. Darius Butler also did a good job on Santonio Holmes holding him without a catch for this game. These two teams will surely meant again in the playoffs where the outcome will probably be much different.

Patriots will return home to face the Bills who are on a 2 game losing skid and the Steelers will go out to Tampa to play the Bucs.

Brady 12-15 249 yards 3 touchdowns
    Gore 12 carries 191 yards 2 touchdowns
    Moss 3 catches 74 yards 2 touchdowns
    Butler 2 interceptions (5 total team)

Collins 17-33 265 yards 5 interceptions
    Johnson 17 carries 63 yards 2 touchdowns
    Ward 4 catches 74 yards
    Scheffler 3 catches 94 yards
  2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    Way to go, Gaddy....make the OMFL Bowl Champ mad before he gets a cupcake on the schedule. I am SOOOO toast.....
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009
    LOL at Winuvas......

Great game Gaddy...Like I told you after our game, stacked team + great player=WINS.

Not taking anything away from you, but I failed on defense horribly. I let you abuse the middle of my formation and for some ungodly reason Palomalu,my best player, was 2nd on my SS depth chart and he wasnt even in the game for 75% of my defensive snaps and I didnt even notice till late in the 4th when the game was already decided.

I am still learning my team and my players strengths and weaknesses. I have since changed offensive and defensive schemes to better suit my personnel. This loss may come back to bite me in the race for the #1 seed in the AFC BUT if we do meet again I have no reservations in:

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    THe fight for the #1 seed? Getting ahead of ourselves aren't we???? LOL