WK6: Eagles (17) at Patriots (20)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, May 26, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

WK6: Eagles (17) at Patriots (20)

Patriots defense swarms Eagles as three Manning interceptions help push the Patriots to 6-0.

[​IMG]

Foxboro, MA

Patriots would get the ball first and try to establish the running game but the Eagles defense ate that up all game as Maroney had no room to run. Eagles would then jump on the Patriots early when Bush would go straight up the gut of the Patriots defense for 47 yard TD run (7-0). Patriots again would be held in check as Brady would throw a pick on a slant route intended for Moss. Eagles playing safe a pattern they seemed to keep all game drove the ball downfield but were stopped on 3rd down and had to settle for a field goal (10-0). Brady had no answers for the Eagles defense and struggled all game but he was able to begin a quarter ended drive and find Moss as he side step a Ross tackle to take it for a Patriots score (10-7) half.

Second half was all defense as the Patriots started early on Manning as they blitzed heavily combined and threw various defensive looks which paid off when Manning threw a bad pass intended for the TE which Campbell picked and took to the house for a score (10-14). Patriots would again make the stop on the Eagles and at times force Manning into bad throws as Mayo and Meriweather both got picks. Manny threw 3 picks on the day in which he seem to struggle to find receivers under the heavy pressure. Brady would get some offensive drives going for the Patriots but they stalled deep in eagles territory and had settle for 2 more field goals by Borinas (10-20). Eagles would score late in the game but the onside kick was recovered by Watson and kneels would end the game.

Eagles go back home to host the Falcons to try to rebound while Patriots hit the road to Big D before they head into a much needed bye week.

GG Vishal. I was expecting you to attack me more on defense but either way they played a great game. Both our QB struggled all game.

2. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Hats off to Gaddy, Good Game, it was the first time in madden 10 i ever had a FG Blocked, Welker is a beast on Special Teams, Gaddy talks the talk and walks the walk, i hope i get another chance down the line, Good luck in the season & playoffs

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Game of the week turned out to be just that. Man I wish we could have seen this one.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Frisk, just buy everyone one of those recording things you have!