WKU Notre Dame preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Nov 14, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU Notre Dame preview

Probably the biggest game in the short FBS career of WKU.

Can WKU's pathetic offense do something against a far superior team?
    If WKU's offense gets on track this could be a low scoring affair, that they could win.

Will the injury of Floyd hinder Notre Dame in this game?If WKU gets on track offensively then the injury to Floyd will have a greater impact. However, Notre Dame has far too many weapons.

Early line is Notre Dame by 19

2. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Check ND scouting, I played them and posted a brief scouting report.... I think Jam played them too, but he didnt post anything on them

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I did look at it a couple of times, I will look again before my game.

I know if my defense plays like it did against Cincinnati, I can keep ND under 30. That was the first game under my new defense. I didn't like how Army lit me up good week one so I changed some things.

However, I also changed some things on offense. The good news is I have eliminated most of the turnovers, bad news is I am only averaging 218 total offense a game.

4. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I see Jam managed to beat them, I couldn't pull it off.

Judging from the box score what he did was deflate the football as his TOP was almost twice as much as NDs despite getting outgained in offensive yards by a wide margin.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I am leaning toward doing everything I can to keeping the ball out the ND's hands. That makes the main focus of my offense using Rainey and Simpson.

On defense I am leaning toward playing tight coverage in secondary with the hope to contain the pass and minimize the run. On defense if it moves from Notre Dame we hit it, if it moves again we hit it again. Sounds simple but can be complex.

6. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I tried bump coverage early and got burned so I just moved to playing a shell and keeping everything in front of me. Well that didn't work as I couldn't stop them, but at least they had to methodically move the ball on me, which in essence was making more room for mistakes (which never came) lol

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU ND Stat preview

Column 1
    WKU ND
    run 187 211
    pass 107 237
    total 294 448
    %run 64% 47%
    %pass 36% 53%
    top receiver 22 33
    tot completions 49 142
    % of receptions 45% 23%

Looking at this from a statistical standpoint ND dominated most categories, the curious ones that WKU leads in are Pass Defense and Scoring Defense.

Keys to game for WKU:

1> Rainey and company vs ND front 7. In order to win WKU needs to keep ND offense off of the field.

2>No turnovers. WKU is a minus 9 in turnover differential.

3>When WKU needs to throw they need to find other receivers than Rainey who leads with 22 catches.

4>Contain ND passing attack.

Off the 4 keys, the first 3 have a better chance of happening over the 4th.

Final prediction ND 26 WKU 7

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Game played

Summary later