WKU press conference

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Nov 6, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU press conference

WKU has announced that coach bcduggan will be available for Q and A in regards to the season, last game and upcoming games. Please post all questions here. This will be take place after every game.

Thanks

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Opening statement:

I am proud of these boys. They played hard and I am glad they proved me wrong on the season. We gave game balls out to the following after the game:

The Oline for opening the holes

Rainey for being a workhorse in the backfield

Clendenin for extending his sack record

and the coaching staff for swallowing their pride and simplifying things on both sides of the ball.

First question:

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

How is your team different from last year? Did they improve; and will that improvement lead to atleast 1 more win and a Bowl Bid?

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Lee.Flex> How is your team different from last year? Did they improve; and will that improvement lead to atleast 1 more win and a Bowl Bid?

This team compared to last year is better on both lines. That's it.

We lost our leaders at QB, RB and WR. We struggled the first 3 games finding our identity. Throwing 10 ints in 64 attempts didn't help our cause either.

On defense we returned I think it was 9 starters. Normally that would be a good thing but we were in a lot of shootouts last year.

This team has a lot of potential, I think we can win 4 games. After how we played against Army, I would not have said that. I think we have an outside chance at 6 like last year but our OOC is too tough to make that a guarantee.

We did get a good transfer that will help us in 2011 at CB.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

What do you feel are your chances of a bowl game this year?

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

NDCOLTS1979> What do you feel are your chances of a bowl game this year?

I see us right now no better than 3rd in Sun Belt behind good FIU and Ark St teams. Those two teams will battle it out for the Sun Belt and the the team that loses that game will be second in conference. The second place team should get in a bowl game also.

That being said there is an outside chance of us winning 6, but we need a big win in OOC games at end of season for that. That will put us in same position as last season 6 wins will not be enough for us.

7. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Who do you think will win next week's game that has Ark St. visiting FIU?

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Jam.>Who do you think will win next week's game that has Ark St. visiting FIU?

Oh, sure ask the loaded question. Just what we need to see the media causing a firestorm in the Sun Belt Conference. (y)

Now let's see my best guess is that it will be a close game, if someone is broadcasting it that would be nice, let's show how good the Sun Belt really is. :D I would not be surprised if the game went into OT and was decided by a FG.

I don't know how good Ark St is, I do know that coach Frisk will have them pumped for the game. Just like I know that Coach Jam. will have FIU just as pumped.

9. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Exactly, I want some trash talk in here! Lmao.

And that was a nice politically correct answer, haha.

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The Flex Five by Five is reporting and I quote:

WKU : Is it a bird? Is it a Plane? Nope... its just freshman RB G.Davis running you over. With 89 speed and 73 btk, Davis has the size and the potential to turn into a big time back. He will need to work on some area's... but with his size... look for him to come in and give Junior RB Rainey some rest in short down situations.

How come we haven't seen him hardly at all this season?

Thanks,

Big Red

[​IMG]

Thanks, Big Red for your question. Davis is a good kid, good character, but to get to that speed it takes a long time (ACC 75). We only have 3 RBs this year, otherwise I would have redshirted him. Looking forward to him being the next Hayden though.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

What do you predict your conference record to be? What are you doing to establish legitimate bowl eligibility before the final game to take some pressure of your boys?

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Emmdotfrisk> What do you predict your conference record to be? What are you doing to establish legitimate bowl eligibility before the final game to take some pressure of your boys?

I think our conference record will have 2 losses in it, we had such a bad recruiting class that I think Ark St will be too tough to win. I am looking forward to that game esp if we start running the table because it will show how far we did come this year,

I don't know the remaining schedule but I believe we have 2 OOC games that weigh heavy on whether we make a bowl game or not. We need to either run the table in conference or only lose 1 more in conference and win 1 OOC game.

In order to establish legitimate bowl eligibility we need to get back to basics. We did that against North Texas and need to continue to do so the rest of the season.

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Press conference after Troy game.

Opening statement:

Hard fought game by WKU. Our offense did well by helping our defense out by keeping them off the field. Our defense rewards the offense by allowing 0 yards rushing all game. These boys are far exceeding my expectations for the caliber of players we have. Thanks to the coaching staff for their hard work in producing a game plan that is allowing us to be competitive and winning these last 2 games.

First question Big Red>

What was the biggest surprise from last game? How did that surprise impact the game?

The biggest surprise from last game was the pass to Doyle that we submitted as a highlight in the game. Troy had our primary guy covered, and there was a small window for Vasquez to throw to. It was a pleasant surprise that he hit someone on a 20+ yard pass play, and it set up the first TD for us. The impact it had was that we started strong and gave us some momentum that showed us we can compete each week.

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Next question:

Can WKU be a contender?

Barring injury we may become bowl eligible. If we play above our talent level in OOC games we will become bowl eligible. If we run the table to the end of season Arkansas State und WKU will be a good game possibly for the Sun Belt title.

That all being said our main, first, and only goal is to be bowl eligible. To do so we will not look ahead past our next opponent.

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

During the bye week before Notre Dame, I'll post a game plan here for opinions.