Wolverines Come on Late to Beat Spartans

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Big Suge Knight, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Wolverines were locked in a 7 - 6 battle with the Spartans at the Big House going into halftime. The third quarter continued the trend the defensive struggle. However the final frame was all Michigan as they put 24 on the scoreboard behind solid defensive play after Michigan State connected on a 47 yard field goal to take the 9 - 7 lead with 7:51 to go in the game. On the next offensive play Michael Turner flipped the ball out to WR Shane Douglas (aka The Franchise for you old school ECW fans) for a 74 yard gain on a WR screen. A couple plays later Thomas Rawls scored on a one yard run to give Michigan a 14 - 9 lead. Michigan DE Aaron Anderson has been having a good season coming off the edge but was held in check until he exploded for sack jarring the ball loose. LB Chris Hagen scooped up the pigskin and took it in for the 13 yard score. From there Michigan's defensive line was able to pin its ears back and get after the MSU QBs while the secondary jumped routes and racked up a total of four Connor Cook INTs on the day. Down 24 - 9 Michigan State had fight left as Roger Williamson scored on a 1 yard plnuge into the endzone. Michigan looked to run some clock while trying to protect its 8 point lead. Thomas Rawls had other thoughts as he broke free on a 50 yard run setting Michigan up in the red zone. That drive and the game were capped by a Turner to Hutchinson 2 yard pass. Michigan will head to Minnesota to take on the Gophers and try to put the Little Brown Jug next to Paul Bunyan's Axe in the trophy case.
    GG JCspartan2 Mumphrey is a scary player and I dont look forward to trying to stop him in the future.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Big Suge Knight, that one TD is the best looking bubble screen I've seen in an NCAA game. I really wish I could throw those better because I'd love to incorporate some bubbles into my offense.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think Mumphrey is a senior, thankfully.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have not had one set up like that. I was shocked and just knew there would be a flag or something. Douglas is not fast at all so maybe that held allow it to setup.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Guess i put this in wrong thread. Mybad

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Lol no worries. Same damn thing happened to me in this game as it did against Dakota. First play after you score to take the lead my QB gets sacked, fumbles, and it gets scooped for 6. Not having much luck this season in East Lansing, but I can't say I expected to.

It is really unfortunate that Mumphrey is a senior this year. None of the QBs on my roster have a powerful enough arm to throw a deep ball far enough for him to run under it. I can't make use of him like I'd like to.