Won but lost in Online Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jclarke22, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jclarke22

jclarke22 Walk On

So played Mississippi state earlier with my tb team in my od and squeaked out an epic 28-27 victory . Didn't lose connection to my knowledge and I saw the resulted upload correctly before I exited. The comissoner advanced the week and now it says I lost 26 - 21, despite saying i won on the dynasty website main screen. It also recorded the score and result correctly in my instant classics.

So im majorly annoyed. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I or the commissioner can do to get my win back?

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You realize that is unreadable with black font, right?

3. jclarke22

jclarke22 Walk On

So played Mississippi state earlier with my tb team in my od and squeaked out an epic 28-27 victory . Didn't lose connection to my knowledge and I saw the resulted upload correctly before I exited. The comissoner advanced the week and now it says I lost 26 - 21, despite saying i won on the dynasty website main screen. It also recorded the score and result correctly in my instant classics.

So im majorly annoyed. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I or the commissioner can do to get my win back?

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Cheez & Dru50 did we not have this issue last year for a while ?

I hope this is a fluke , that is a major pain and would piss me off if it happened to me.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    This issue was caused in previous versions of the game due to people saving offline copies of the file and uploading a duplicate online dynasty with that legacy file. Causes some weird syncing issues where members can even find themselves involved in the duplicate dynasties without being invited.

This is the first report I have heard of this for NCAA 13.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yep. That's why I've repeatedly said...never, ever save the file when it asks except if you have to reload the OD.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

so when I save the file....ohhhhh never mind

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Huh?

9. jclarke22

jclarke22 Walk On

Is there anyway to check if I did this? As far as im aware it uploaded normally other then not being able to upload the highlights.

10. jclarke22

jclarke22 Walk On

Also I take it theres no way to reinstate my win?

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

To my limited knowledge once the week is advanced there is no way to change a result from the prior week.

12. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I'm confused. I thought saving the dynasty file just allowed to to re-enter the dunasty in the current week without having to re-download it. How does that cause the dynasty to freeze?

If that is the case, then would it make sense for NOBODY in the leaugue to EVER save unless you need to reload it?

One last question. If you "reload" the dynasty, you shold start back in the same week, right? If you reload and you are 3 weeks behind, what happened?

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No one should ever save the dynasty.

It causes syncing issues, I'm not sure of the specifics but I know it does.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

From my understanding of this issue in previous versions of the game (this is my first time hearing about it in '13) it doesn't matter if you uploaded a copy of the file. It could be anyone in your OD that did it which could cause anyone else's (not necessarily their own) results to get thrown out.

15. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

This got me to thinking...

I ran two dynasties for a total of 10 seasons in 12 and never had an issue like this. I'm also in five dynasties currently and one has had an issue (knock on wood that is the only one). I've always saved the file. I figured, why would it ask me to if it were a problem? So, where is the snafu? Why does it only happen occassionally and what triggers it? Could they not remove the option to save the file until they find it and fix it? Also, I think the server should save a master copy of the file at advance so that if something does happen, you can just go in and reload that master copy and pick right back up...

16. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If they did this we'd have no way of restarting an OD that got ruined somehow.

17. jclarke22

jclarke22 Walk On

It annoys me that I'm know worried to save it. My PS3 is dodgy and everytime I lose connection recruiting or during a game I have to restart my ps3 to be able to regain internet connection. Anyway this will now lead to a lot of re downloading.

Also my commissioner text me this afternoon telling me he advanced and that I lost despite winning again I was so mad I nearly threw my phone at something. Then he text me he was joking.