Word Of The Day - Simplify

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 17, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ok, what I am asking is for everyones true input on how to simplfy. I want to simplify everything that is possible. Position changes, cap, modifiers, rules, offseason, ect.
    Lets take a good hard look at all the things we tried, and see how we can keep realism, yet simplify.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I do have a way we could simplify position changes.

Force depth.

Here is what I mean:

If an owner wishes to do a position change, they must have a player at the position they are moving to and the position they are leaving who is overall 76 or higher.

If the owner has these restrictions in place, they are allowed to make the position change provided it fits within our guidelines (weight, speed, etc.). No modifier changes.

So (using Dunlap here, sorry man) if I move ROLB Shawne Merriman (84 overall) to RE (96 overall), his backup MUST be a 76 or higher overall, and the RE position MUST have a starter there in place who is 76 or higher overall.

Merriman still gets changed to a 96 overall (to signify his new salary at his new spot), but NOTHING ELSE changes.

This rule would simplify ALL cap books, allow teams to do massive changes from 3-4 to 4-3 (or vice versa) without killing their personal cap, but also eliminates the one worry of this setup: cap book raping.

A 76 overall with a 1 modifier gets paid 700,000 dollars at minimum base salary. A 76 at a 3 modifier is 2,100,000. The only change would be to Merriman, who goes up to 12 million (3 million + 1 million x 3 modifier for RE) dollars in total salary.

Simplifies the cap book, allows changes, forces depth, and pretty much cancels the loophole that I think everyone would worry about. Remember, if BOTH positions (leaving position and going to position) do NOT have at least a 76 already there, the position change CANNOT occur. Period.

3. natedawg212000

Does it really simplify though? Just thinking that we still have to have all those rules about who can play where, so that's why I felt our rules were as simple as they could be. I am open for discussion, which may be a long one.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, I think with AM having issues, we need to look at rules regarding defensive playcalling. With the tendency to call man defense mostly (cause it's like glue), perhaps we need to look at mix up on defense. OR relax rules on offense. Either way, I think less handcuffs on the offense, or more on the defense, would not be a bad thing to look at.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'd also be open to the simple solution: ban all position changes.

But that would cause a lot more chaos than simplify things.

6. natedawg212000

I'm not touching that with a 10 ft pole.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

There's not much in the way of simplifying except for our rulebook which I honestly will get to this week and then get some ideas.

8. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I think something that would help with position swapping would be to only allow players to be moved in the offseason up till week 1. After week 1 no more position swaps, unless forced to because of injuries. I think this is what we originally said but it never got enforced.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Simplify = Ban ALL position changes...Need a DE? Find one in FA, draft or trade for one.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That would be simpler. But it will handcuff a few owners (*cough* Dunlap *cough*) who I think planned to be able to use players out of position.

As backups, I have no problem with using whoever wherever. As backups. If they become starters, then we have a problem.

11. natedawg212000

I would be fine with ONLY allowing in offseason when we have the time and energy to do the swaps. After week 1 - no more position changes. It's really the only time changes happen any ways.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm going to put this together and post in the main forum so we can get going with offseason.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am in favor of this.^^^^^^^^^^

14. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

This is how it was suppossed to be, just got lost in the paperwork. If we keep position swaps this should be a must.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That is posted in the rules changes post I made. I may need to sticky it till the offseason and I will need rules book changes for this.