WordPress: Quick Tip #1

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by RynoAid, Jul 27, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

WordPress: Quick Tip #1

I've noticed that some are struggling with including the small image that goes with your blog posts. It's real easy and it makes your post that much more attractive and will make guys read it more.

To add a image to the front page to go along with your blog post you need to add a custom field...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That will add a thumbnail on the main blog page to go along with your article.

Look for more Quick Tips as we go along.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Ryno, is there a way you can put words underneath the image to describe it? Like if you look on my post about Missouri beating Florida, I put "<<<<<" to describe the image only because I couldn't figure out how to put the words below the image.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you can't do it for the front page image... but you can do it for imbeded images in your blog... you have to use the image importer icon right above the blog text box.

but for the front page, i don't think so.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

One thing you can do though, is utilize the "Excerpt" box under the main text blogging box.

Whatever you put in that box will appear on the front page, instead of the first paragraph of your blog post...

make sense?