Words from the Commish

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 18, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Words from the Commish

Sup OMFL. I've been a little swamped lately with some conferences that I have hosted and then another one that I attended, but I am back and trying to get things rolling.

Just a few things I want to touch on. First let me say I think we have some gaming issues that we WILL deal with, but I do feel we have a solid core of owners here. Let me clear up a few things, the OMFL is a YEAR AROUND LEAGUE. i do not take kindly guys who leave because of a newer, more fun game has came out. If you are not a true madden baller who wants to play in this league year around and not just when football comes out, then this league is not for you. I am looking to get this puppy rolling to where when the new madden comes out, we just swap over and keep rolling. So make your decision to stay, and lets build a great madden league here.

Second, I am sick of hearing 'if you can't stop it, I won't quit running it'. Quit it or find a new league. This is a game, and it is to be enjoyed by all. Find some sportsmanship, learn more than 1 play on offense and defense, and play ball. Stop being a cheese baby and running the same 2 plays on offense and defense because you can't be stopped. I personally have seen a few games lately where the guy runs the same crappy zone defense all game long. Its crap, learn to play ball and quit it. If you play someone who is doing this then I WANT TO KNOW. I will give warnings and then I will replace you. I've given in on many of my rules to give you the freedom to play your style of madden, but you will not be a cheeseballer. I am not looking to make this a EANet zone, this is a sim style league.

Last I want there to be some more sportsmanship and respect shown in our pm's and psn messages. I've heard way too many guys acting like they are 2 by cussing each other out, telling them that you ran the same play over and over because they couldn't stop you, and other baby stuff. Grow up, play straight, and lets have fun guys.

For those who are doing what is right, stick it out with me. I will get this play issues cleaned up.

Thanks guys for joining. Lets clean up a few things and have fun.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Thanks for the words Nate. I'd just like to clear a couple of things up.

1. I feel like you are referring to my game against Sauk in there. Anybody who has played me knows I am possibly the FARTHEST thing from a cheese player this league has. Really! Ask them. I may not be that great, and I may complain once in awhile, but I don't think there is anything in my game that could remotely be considered cheese. I remember your words early in this franchise something to the effect of 'there are the same types of plays in many different formations and packages in madden'. If I am throwing 7 or 8 slant plays during the game (literally it couldn't have been more...look at my completion numbers)....BUT I never called the exact same play twice, EVER (I chart my plays to keep balance to avoid exactly this situation) would that still be considered cheese? I understand his frustration that he couldn't stop it, but I was pounding the ball in that game on the ground too. Look at my rushing numbers! It's not like I was just going down the field throwing slants!

2. If this is a sim league, is it really sim when more than 50% of our owners never run a single man to man play in their entire season??? I'm not going to name people, but we know who they are. Frankly, I'd say talent for talent my defense is top 5 if not better in this league, and I don't have a problem running man to man sets in my scheme. If you are really going to work on this playcalling balance, this issue needs to be addressed. Playing 3-4 max zones while showing blitz (thus stacking your D in the box) just isn't realistic. I can run against it no problem. . .as I've showed with MJD game after game. . .but it does get old when that's all 2 or 3 teams do all game long. Just my two cents.

Anyways, you are doing a great job, just thought I'd give my input.

3. natedawg212000

I just want to bump this up again. We are losing good owners lately and I am really tired of it. We will clean up the game play. I dont know if I am more upset at the guys who are leaving or the guys who are causing trouble. To form a good long lasting league we need guys who are willing to stay and commit to hanging in here while we weed through some crappy owners. Its just the name of the game. If you don't file a report with me telling me what happened that you don't like then i can do nothing about it. my rules are the same as every other great league out there. we have rules in place to give you the flexibility and boundaries to have a good fun clean game of madden. for us to build a good long lasting league here, it fall on all of our shoulders, so help me out and lets clean things up around here guys.

4. natedawg212000

gonna bump this too, I want everyone to read.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well said Nate. If we don't know there is a problem you can't be mad at us if we don't fix it. It's a two way street, communication is - if you tell the commish or a board member that something is foul, then we'll investigate and get it taken care of. If we don't know, we can't fix it.

6. natedawg212000

i just talked to ex-redskins owner and he complained about 2 things. one was game play where a team only ran sweeps and nickel and dime defense. both are against our rules, but this was the first i heard about it. how am i suppose to fix things i dont know about?

second he complained about guys running up the score and padding stats. i am doing to speak to the person he talked about, but this will NOT be tolerated guys. don't DO IT!!

7. RCF33

RCF33 Walk On

Thnx Nate for Running a Great League 1st off . This is my 1st experience with playing Madden online and the game is a Blast to play , even Though I really Suck at it right now . There are a great group of owners here from what I see and hope we can keep rolling with the league . Just my 2 cents

8. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

This league is a top notch league so far. Just need a few more reliable owners who are loyal enough to stick it out in bad seasons.

9. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I tried to padd my stats with Jamal Lewis with no results, hahahah

10. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I had an opponent run the same play, and i told him he was, and i havent heard about it again, so i guess they stopped, good job!!