World Cup

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Jun 18, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

World Cup

What the phuck?! Down 2-0 to Slovenia!! I don't even know where that is. Terrible defense. That last Slovenia goal was pretty but nobody wanted to stop the ball. Bout to flip the switch on this one. What's up with us giving up these early goals? Slovenia scored in the 13th minute. I mean we were turning it up but their is no point if we can't get back to help on defense.

Anybody else keep up with the World Cup?

I'll edit this with the groupings once I'm done cussing

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Watching the game now via ESPN3 at work.

classic under-performing US game.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well I thought we were about to tie it up. I'm not good with names but #20 seems timid or scared to shoot. He had a somewhat difficult angle but wanted to try to pass it through the middle with a couple of Slovenia defenders standing there. WTF? He should of put the ball at the net. He needs to go buy some confidence or something. Then pretty boy Donovan wants to try to get a pretty goal at least 2 feet from the net with a defender on his hip. If he don't fight for that damn ball!!

And that yellow card was bullshit. Everybody hates America

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I thought soccer was a woman's sport

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

it is......

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You get stabbed in Europe for those comments, lol. When Germany is playing the entire country is glued in front of the TV.

I'm not a huge soccer fan and I only watch it during the World Cup. Being in Europe during one is a very special thing though. These folks love their team and their sport, nothing in America compares to the patriotism and admiration these folks have for this sport.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

[​IMG]

I guess I just met my useful post quota for the month!

8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

USA has tied it up 2-2 now!

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yep that hail mary play hat the US keeps running finally worked.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

USA! USA! USA!

[​IMG]

The Refs Suck!! That Was A Goal, You F'n F**got A** Refs!! But the Kardiac Kids Live To Fight Another Day!! Now If We Stop Giving Up Cheap Early Goals We'll Be Fine.

PS- I googled earth'd to find out where Slovenia already lol

Edit: If you don't follow the sport, we need Algeria to beat England (probably won't happen) to give us an easier shot at advancing. If not we'll have to beat the Algeria to advance.

11. BDSDIGITAL

Could someone that knows about soccer explain how this phase of the world cup works? Obviously it's round robin on a point system, but who advances? The top two in each group? What happens in the next round?

12. Iron Mickey

it's a stupid and jacked up system...

only stupid sports have ties!!

13. BDSDIGITAL

I agree with this... do some penalty kicks or something right?

14. BlyGilmore

Teams were drawn into pools of four and play three games total - once against each team in their pool.

The top two teams by points move to the quarterfinals, aka the knockout rounds. if there i a tie, goal difference is the tiebreaker (so we'll start hearing stuff like "they need so and so to tie and win by more than 2 goals to advance").

The quarters onward are a traditional win you move on, lose and you're out tourney complete with up to 30 minutes of extra time and PKs if needed to decide a winner.

15. BlyGilmore

one helluva comeback and we should have gotten three points instead of one. apparently even now after the game nobody on team usa even as a clue what the call was. the ref refused to explain or discuss during and after the game - which IMO is bullshit - you at least owe the players an explanation of what horseshit call you made.

16. BDSDIGITAL

makes sense.

thanks.

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@Bly- Especially since atleast two Slovenia players were basically hugging two of our guys. I think he hates the US or doesn't want to admit he f***ed up.

@G-Unit- Do you know there are ties in American football? Way to go their guy

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I tried to get into the world cup, I really did. But this shit is just so unjustifiably shady... fucking joke.

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think the only reason I'm into it so much this year is because I'm in Europe. If I was in the States I'd probably only watch highlights on Sportscenter, lol.

Algeria tied England. The English team may not want to go back home if they don't advance. Group C's favorite is playing nothing like it. The English looked clearly frustrated as a lot of players were walking to the ball. Algeria was playing keep away all game.

20. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah, like once every five years. If there was a world cup of American football there wouldn't be any fuggin ties. That's not how we get down.(y)

21. Iron Mickey

They rarely happen there bud....good one guy...lol

22. Iron Mickey

Thanks BDS!!!

23. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

USA got screwed today..plain and simple

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LoL.... So true... it is kind of annoying tho... I wish it came down to penalty kicks... that would end all the most goals scored to break a tie garbage

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What I've learned today:

Either N.Korea reallllyyyy sucks or Portugal is realllllyyyy good. I'm going with N.Korea sucks, lol.

Chile sucks. Only one goal with only 8 defenders against the Swiss? Dudes should of ran 'em into the ground.

Spain is good but they just missed a penalty kick... they should learn to speak English... nah I'm just playing, lol.