World Series: Mets vs Tigers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

World Series: Mets vs Tigers

We have advanced to the World Series! In the NLCS, the Mets were able to pull off the unlikely sweep after jumping out to an early 2-0 series lead over the Braves. In the ALCS, the Tigers and Rays fought tooth-and-nail in their series, with Detroit emerging as the victor from the 5th and final game.

Now, the two teams face off to see who will be crowned the Season 1 Champion!

Hova, lets get some games scheduled. Tuesday is no good for me (E-League off-season night) unless we play 1 game after that is finished. Wednesday is tough again because I'll have to do the E-League schedules, and then have Forza racing. How about something like this?

Tuesday: 1 game post E-League off-season night
    Wednesday: 1 game at approx. 10:30 edt
    Thursday: 3 games (if necessary), 8pm edt

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I will be free after the eleague.

I may be out of town one of those 2 nights, I will let you know. I will be able to make atleast 1.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay -- I might be on and able to get a quick one in before the off-season night, and then one after. We'll see how it plays out.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hova I'm almost done paying bills if you want to get one in before the off-season night.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Game One
    Tigers - 3
    Mets - 2

Tigers got out to a quick 3-0 lead on Mike Pelfrey, but the Mets fought back to cut it to 3-2. Flash forward to the top of the 9th. Luis Castillo led off with a triple and things were looking good. Valverde comes in to face Wright and strikes him out. Then Valverde walked Bay to set up Mike Jacobs with 2 men on and 1 out. Jacobs then grounded into the double play that the Tigers were looking for to give Detroit the early 1-0 series lead.

Good game Hova, see ya in game 2.

----

Rotation
    1. Pelfrey
    2. Santana
    3. Oliver Perez

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Game Two
    Mets - 3
    Tigers - 2

Santana pitched pretty well in this one but I had a somewhat short leash on him. I got the feeling that eventually the Tigers would be able to wait on the changeup and really make me pay. Every run in this one was scored via the Home Run. Jason Bay had 2 solo shots while Rod Barajas had 1 of his own, and Detroit had homers from Rayburn and Avila in the losing effort.

With the series tied at 1 game each, baseball shifts back to New York Wednesday night.

Another good game Hova. This is going to be a tight series.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hova, want to try to get the remaining games in tonight? I can play starting at 7 tonight. Forza racing at 9, so ideally we could do something like this:

Game 3: 7pm
    Game 4: 10:45pm
    Game 5 (If Necessary): 11:30pm

Doesn't leave much time for the E-League schedules, but I'll get them done somehow.

8. Hova

I just got off work. I am about to play a west game now. So really I cant play until 11. I can stay up as late as I want but I dunno if you can

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Games 3 and 4 go to Hova, as does the Season 1 World Series. Congrats Hova.

In game 3 I couldn't get any of his guys out through the middle part of the game. The only reason it was close was because of Jason Bay. We jumped out to an early 3-0 lead after 3 straight hits and a Bay HR to start the game. All down hill from there, except for more Bay. Tigers ass raped Oliver Perez AND John Maine in the same game.

Game 4 was all Verlander and Pelfrey. Pelf gave up 2 quick ones in the first but settled in and retired something like 18 of 20 guys from that point on. I couldn't hit Verlander due to the curve -- it was deceptively quick so I kept swinging early thinking fastball or slider and then it would break off the table. Good pitching from Hova, and enough hitting. I somehow loaded the bases in the bottom of the 9th down 4-0 but knew it was over before I even took a swing.

Well done -- I can't wait to use a more current version of my team, this pitching staff has made me want to tear my eyes out. While the current Mets' staff pretty much blows too, it has to be a little bit of an upgrade.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Also, I think the deciding factor in this series was how many double plays I hit into/how many double plays he GOT me to hit into, whichever way you want to look at it. I'm more of a string hits together to produce runs rather than a home run guy. You may say the stats don't support that this series, but they do -- 3-1 TIGERS.

And THAT, is baseball. :)

11. Hova

Great series basis. Verlander pitches the complete game and the tigers win there first world series since 1984.

Looking forward to next season as well. I don't even have a bullpen minus zoom zoom and valverde. Alot of new hitters should be in the tigers lineup as well