Would you want Jake Locker on your NFL team

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by gowazzucougs, Dec 31, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I was watching the Holiday Bowl last night with my wife. Now my wife is a Husky Alum, (I know what you are thinking, how can the official Cougar Spokesperson be married to a Husky, that is another topic for another day). And if you must know the discussion about Jake Locker comes up quite a bit in my house. It is mostly me ripping on him, and my wife defending him. Last night Jake had one of those Jake type performances, 5-16-56 yards. That is not a misprint, he didn't even complete a pass in the first half. Now the Huskies won, and he made some plays with his legs, but overall if the UW defense didn't play outstanding, and if Nebraska wanted to be there I think the outcome may have been different. So at the end of the game I ask my wife would you want Locker on the Seahawks and she says "yes." I of course, don't want him anywhere near the Seahawks after he graduates. What is everyone's take on the enigma of Jake Locker, because we all know some GM is going to draft this guy.

2. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I think he's a bum, I never understood why everyone thought he was so great. He has awful game after awful game and cannot do anything versus a good defense

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I need to add one thing, Locker has not really had a good set of receivers to throw to. His freshman year, the Huskies had 5 seniors at receiver. The problem that year though was that he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. His accuracy has improved, but the people he has been throwing to hasn't.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Being a Bills fan, I emphatically say no. Hes just like any other guy with a good arm and athletic ability but poor results and the GM's of the NFL say - hes got the physical tools - we can work with this guy. I want a Sam Bradford, not a Jake Locker, if that makes sense.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I dunno. I feel that he's not bad at all. Can't really do much when your receivers can't get open at all and the line can't hold them forever. He definitely deserves at least a good chance in the NFL.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jake Locker=J.P. Losman

• Like Like x 1
  7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

As a TE in the mid rounds? Sure. As a QB somewhere in the middle of the first (where he will end up going)? No. Not even a little bit.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He's an uber project.

I'd take him... In the 6th round or something, and hope that he has the work ethic to become a backup and maybe eventual starter. He actually had a nice season a year ago. It's been a painful regression this year. You can tell that the coaching staff has told him to take off whenever he doesn't see anything open. But as a result he sometimes takes off before even looking. I was at the Holiday Bowl and Nebraska has great cover guys but he also missed a lot of open guys because he was already running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think some team will fall in love with him and grab him early.

I would probably take him in the 4th round if I were a team like Washington, Jacksonville, Seattle, Indy, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc. Some team that will need QB help in a couple of years and can afford to take a guy like Locker and see what he can do.

This strategy has worked out really well in the past for a lot of teams.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Jake Locker will be fine once somebody pulls him aside and lets him know he has to work for it now. I think he let the 'stardom' get to his work routine, meaning he felt he didn't have to work as hard as others. If we would of had this conversation last year this thread would be a runaway 'Yes!'.

I know someone will try to gather stats/reasons and make a case but the WASHINGTON HUSKIES ARE NOT A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM! Don't know if anybody realized that or not. That kid doesn't do everything but he is a key to their success, one way or the other. You always have to give the kid that 'knows how to win' a shot.

I would say 'No' to the question at hand due to the fact that my NFL team has Mikey V and Kolb. If either of those guys wasn't apart of the franchise than yeah I wouldn't mind Reid giving Mr.Locker a shot.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

that's a good point. I think one thing that really hurt him was not having a reliable TE this year. They were REALLY light on TE's last year and whereas he had a couple guys he could throw it to last year, this year he did not. I had them pegged for 6-7 wins this year but I figured as a senior, he would continue to show improvement. Not only are his numbers down, but watching the games, he really has regressed from last season.

If you had told me they would have 7 wins with him playing like this, I would have called BS.