WOW! Titans really that bad?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

WOW! Titans really that bad?

As of right now in the 3rd with 8 mins left, it is 52-0 Patriots. Kerry Collins is 1/11,...... isn't time to put Vince Young in?

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Idk VY would manage to throw more INT's than passes he attempted. Besides with that game as depressing as it is they probably have him locked in a rubber room somewhere fearing he would become suicidal again. What they need is what they are on their way of getting. The 1st Overall pick. Maybe they will do it right this time.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm sure there is a LOT more to it than this and those that keep up with the Titans can probably tell me what, but it seems like the combination of the loss of Albert Haynesworth - both in terms of real, palpable on-the-field loss as well as the locker room letdown, is just too much for that defense.

I also hear that they're no longer really a huge ground game threat with Lendale White having lost weight, like he no longer really packs a punch?

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Here we go....

Die hard Oilers/Titans fan since the run n shoot days. The first and to me most important thing this year is: Jim Schwartz (our d coordinator) going to the lions. The second half and on in our season opener against pittsburgh we sat back in the same D over and over and over again. This has now become the worst pass d in the league. There was a noticeable difference starting that game. Secondly we had our first two games lost by a FG a piece. We then followed up with 2 PUNT RETURN fumbles against the Jets that led to 14 points against us that we couldn't make up. Then there was today, as the patriots completely destroyed us. We have officially been broken down. Once that happens it is virtually impossible to turn things around. In most cases the head coach would be out the door either midseason or right after season. I sure as hell hope we keep Jeff Fisher as in my opinion he will be a HOF coach when its all said and done. Next week we have a bye and our season is now over so I would just like to see what VY can do the rest of this year since we have a heavy cap hit from him next year. If he plays well enough it will be his team going forward again. If not we will release him , run with Kerry one more year, and definately hop on the QB hunt in the off season.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

How many passes did they drop though? They have been dropping a lot all season.

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well how about this? With the defensive tackle position not having a run stuffer do you trade down to get one of the top DT if they do well in the combine and look like they are NFL calibur? Also they may want to think about a linebacker with the age they have at the position. Right now the top defensive prospects on the line are Cody at Alabama and Suh at Nebraska. Linebackers are McClain at Alabama, Norwood at South Carolina, or Spikes at Florida.

There may be others but thats the only ones I have actually watched. People may say go with QB but there are too many to trade for and the QB class coming out this year isn't that strong (i'll catch hell for that but it's true)

7. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I think as far as the QB position goes, you have to put in Young to find out want he is going to be worth down the road. If it doesn't pan out, then I would be thinking QB in an early Round. You don't need a great QB, you just need a QB that can control the game and keep the offense on the field (Sanchez type). As for the defense... you have to start up front and I think the only way to set a good tone is to sign a veteran guy. You need a leader on defense and a guy that the other team mates will feed off of.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Titans had -7 passing yards......that has to be a record. That's un-fricking believable!

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The 2 completions tied Anderson for the NFL record fewest in a game.

1 was the minus 22 completion to Washington?

From what I saw of the game there were quite a few dropped passes, just like when they played the Jets.

10. RingingBells

RingingBells Guest

Andersons record was the least amount completions for a winning team.

I think this game was more about the Patriots prooving they are back. They came out of halftime throwing the ball. As a Dolphins fan, I hate to say this but the Patriots are back.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I thought the secondary reason they kept throwing the ball with Brady in there, was due to the lack of RBs they had left.