WOW what a game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by voltool16, Aug 2, 2011.

1. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

week 3's matchup with voltool16 and ijgator was wild and crazy....what a finish.

started off not going my way at all. 2 bad picks by bray, one bad decision and a the other a mis-fire, and an early punt return muff didnt help my offense at all. but my defense showed up and made several big plays of their own. they only allowed around 50 yards in the first half and gave up 10 points, both off of turnovers.

after taking the lead 3 to 0, i found myself down in a hole 10 to 3 at the half. luckily i was able to strike first in the second half with a 3rd down pass play to a deep darick rogers, which caught the run blitz in a compromising position.

then, after a couple stalled rives by both of us, i found myself at the 40 with a tough decision to make on 4th and 1. a tie game at 10 - 10 with 5 minutes left in the game, i elect to punt and it paid off big time. just as it happened to me ealrier, the return man muffed the punt and my fullback fell on it at the 8 yard line. taureen poole took it in 2 plays later with the lead.

well 35 seconds later comes a deep inside post to thompson, who then shook off the corner and safety to take it to the house for a 69 yard score. we were immdediately tied back up, in the normal florida gator fashion, a quick strike.

i get the ball drive for about 2 and a half minutes and find myself at the 39 with 2 minutes left. i call a sweep to the weak side of the field on 3rd and short and POOLE takes it to the house...i literally jumped out of my chair doing my best dave chappelle....gagagagagagagagagaga thats right son!!!!!!!!

defense held and stopped them on 4th down and with 3 quick kneels i got my first big win of the season.

awesome, awesome, awesome game and very well played by ijgator. the difference was the punt return muff. even though we both had them, mine was early enough to recover from. his occurred at the absolute worse time.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Saw the scoring summary for the game, looked like a great finish. Nice.

3. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

awesome game! Tons of fun, a back and forth defensive battle.

I still can't believe there were 2 muffed punts in the game. Crazy how scoring can come from many different ways.

Good luck the rest of the season voltool16

4. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

already a rivalry....good luck until next season, when the rivalry resumes. cant wait for the rematch in neyland.