Wow

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

A. You're hugely overrated Alabama.
    B. They only rushed 3.
    C. I can't believe how many times your O-line put their 3 rushers on the ground. I think they all went down twice. That part was really bad, even taking A and B into consideration.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think it looks excellent! You had 5 O-Lineman plus a back blocking 3. That's 6 on 3, and it actually worked, which it should.

4. jello1717

Damn! I played quite a bit of the demo and did well. After playing around some in practice I finally played some play now games. I played on All American with 5 minute quarters.

First game, aOSU spanked my ass 31-7. Time to move down a notch.

Next up Notre Dame beat me 20-10. Time to move down again

After trailing Minnesota all game, I score late in the 4th quarter to tie it up. It takes me 3 OTs, but I finally notch my 1st NCAA '11 victory (and can finally go to sleep, having to wake up in less than 4 hours for work).

I'd better get much better at this game soon, or it could be a very rough year for me...

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's freakin' hard isn't it?:)

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

the game or waking up for work on 2 hours of sleep?

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Both, LOL

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Jello, I have to say, in my first game with 5 min quarters on all-american, I beat uofm 45-0 with MSU.

Maybe try playing with a different team?:HoosierHoo:

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I get the game tonight, but compared to the demo, did they fix the Dieon Sanders effect tackling?

Sometimes in the demo you could run right next to the ball carrier and your defender wouldn't initiate the tackling animation leaving you wondering what the hell just happened. Did this get fixed in the retail version?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

i keep running right past people, but that's probably me, i haven't really had any troubles with tackling yet.

11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Game is a lot harder than '10. I got my ass handed to me by Illnois with Purdue 34-27. Then in the next game I played IU, switched defenses and won a boring game 13-0. Haven't played much with Clemson yet. And the new recruiting system is pretty cool. Not as stale as previous versions. Looking good so far.

12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Oh and I played on Heisman. Not sure what we'll use here but it didn't seem too bad for my first two games. Now if I play Alabama…lol

13. jello1717

Wow! I'm hoping this isn't a style thing. I was unable to get much of a running game going (at all really) with the spread. As far as passing goes, I'm hoping that my O-line isn't as bad as it seems because in all 3 games on AA, I think I averaged 7 sacks taken (with 5 minute quarters!) and most of those are within 2 seconds. The 1st game I chalked that up to aOSU's monster line against mine, but ND and Minnesota's lines had their way with mine too.

I will say though, that if he can avoid the rush, Denard is fast!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22247443
    (The really sad thing is that that 50 yard carry, Denard finished the game with 10 yards rushing.

Now to drag my ass to work on 4 hours of sleep. (n)

Shaun, is there a way to embed EASW vids here without converting to youtube first? I see the OS guys can do it, but I haven't had success doing it on TF.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

@ GoGators: I think the tackling thing you are talking about is a result of the decreased "suction" in this years game. You actually have to line up your tackles instead of just running in the ballcarries direction. I know what your talking about when you rub off of the ballcarrier instead of tackling, it happened to me a few times but I don't think it's a huge issue and I like that it's a little more difficult.

@ Jello: I have been getting sacked a lot too. I've won all my games because I've been able to run the ball all day, but when I try to pass it's a totally different story. Deep routes flat out don't work because I have no time. D-lineman come off their blocks a little too quickly imo, but maybe my O-line is just bad based on Masler's video. I do like that linebackers coming off the edge get to you quickly and it's difficult to avoid them.

15. jello1717

You can't base anything off of Alabama as they're just monsters in a league by themselves in this game.

In '10 I could run the ball out of the SG as well as, or (usually) better than the pro style user teams, but in my 3 games of '11, I can only gain 2 things on the ground;
    diddly and squat.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I played a game as Arizona, running the spread, and didn't have much trouble running the ball out of the shotgun on AA against Clemson. Maybe its that UofM O-line lol. I dont usually like running out of the gun, but I thought the QB read plays were done well and really fun to run this year.

17. jello1717

One different thing about Michigan is that with Denard @ QB, my QB is faster and has better acceleration than my top 2 HBs! I actually like seeing the end crashing down on zone reads because I've had more success keeping it with Denard than handing it off.

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lamichael James is CRAZY!!! Videos coming after the game is finished

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Try Noel Devine.

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Me too. I suck at tackling in general on this game. (make that any game)