WR Drops

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by JAS19ILLINI, Jul 12, 2012.

1. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Has anyone noticed a high rate of drops by WRs in this years game? My slider is set at 50 or 55, cant remember. I played numerous games with UTSA and there were tons of drops, though i somewhat expected that bc they suck. But I was playing with BYU yesterday and still had quite a few drops. Anyone else seeing this? Am i trying to make a move too quickly after catching the ball which is resulting in more drops?

2. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I think it's more realistic this year. I've seen really great diving catches but have also seen the easy out routes being dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

No, that's actually a nice touch. WRs shouldn't catch every ball. Had the CPU throw to a guy wide open on an out. He caught it then one second later dropped it. It happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Im ok with a couple drops, but they just seem excessive in this years game.

5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

its ridiculous...I was playing with Texas, and no exaggeration, my receivers dropped 8 - 10 passes, without interference from a DB

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I rarely get drops (but I rarely throw) but the CPU teams seem to get a lot. Also, they're not all recorded as I'll witness 6 obvious drops, but the stats only show 2 or 3.

• Like Like x 1
  7. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I've been playing with Purdue and haven't seen too many drops. There have been some, but not at an unrealistic rate. More often than not the incompletions I threw were on my QB. He sometimes would just flat out miss the receiver, even without even using the left stick.

8. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

I keep getting smashed by the safeties then dropping the ball haha..

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That is right because when you run the ball your WR won't ever drop a pass :)

10. CrackinBacks

CrackinBacks Walk On

I haven't seen a huge amount of drops, and I have my Human WR Catch slider @ 40. Mostly my TE and 3rd WR have the majority of drops

11. StayPlation82

StayPlation82 Walk On

i noticed some drops but then i checked the WR's ratings and they weren't stellar, so in key situations i focus on getting it to my guy with the best catch and CIT ratings.

12. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It is called playing with UTSA. I believe I throw the ball a lot, and I have not noticed too many drops. I have seen nothing that would cause me to change my gameplay settings to conservative catching.

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I agree, I've played games with UGA and SDSU and had very few drops, even when being hit on the catch.

14. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Guys also gotta pay attention to that catch in traffic rating. I'm guessing if you have a WR surrounded by guys and that rating is low, better chance he drops it. Bujt I haven't seen THAT many straight up drops. I did have a WR drop a open TD pass though yesterday...

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

To follow up on AgenT Smith comments, if anyone is including drops where the guy is extremely covered, 2 or more DBs in the area, you should just be happy the pass is not picked. I have seen my guys make some great catches, but at the same time there have been a lot of almost interceptions.

16. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Nah, i wasnt referring to instances where the guy is covered. I was talking about wide open easy catches. After playing more it seems like if you touch any button at all immediately after the WR catches the ball he will instantly drop the pass (i dont control the WR manually). Its almost like you have to wait a full second after he catches the ball before you can start sprinting or juking, etc.

17. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Yeah I've notced this too. If you try to move your guy too quickly on the catch 90% of the time it will be a drop.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Agreed. I thought it was me, but after a handful of games this appears to be an issue. Like always, we have to wait until December for a corrected game

19. franko05

franko05 Walk On

I think the drops are fine. They happen in real life receivers are not perfect some games will have about 8 drops or so and some games the guys will be stellar. This is a simulation of football catches shouldn't be automatic because they are not. Drops happen, it only seems excessive because we have never had to deal with it in the game. We are used to our video game guys catching everything basically always. It's fine...it does suck when the guy drops a wide open td pass though

20. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

It's not an issue if everyone isn't having the same problem.

21. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Also remember ... this is a new passing system. Timing is everything. If you are throwing too hard before receiver is ready, he's going to drop it.

22. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

I really think it was just me trying to take control of the WR too quickly after he catches the ball. Maybe ill try user catching instead.

23. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

I haven't had trouble with drops in my Dynasty with Ohio State but in my dynasty with Texas State there are 3-4 a game which is actually pretty realistic for a team like that I suppose.

24. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

The drops seem a bit excessive to me. I can understand one drop on a wide open well-thrown pass per game, but I've seen 3-4 per game when I hit the WR in the numbers. Now if it's a "spectacular" catch then I can understand drops, then again the game doesn't really distinguish between the two. It seems to me like if a receiver has to jump or dive for a ball like it's a guaranteed catch but if he's wide open and the ball hits him in the numbers he can drop it.