WR Option Routes

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by GoGators, Sep 3, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

WR Option Routes

Does anyone know the logic behind how these work? In my experience, I have no idea what the WR is reading to make his decision. For instance, on a go/hitch option route, I've seen the WR run the go against cover three and the hitch against man, neither of which make sense.

Does the WR awareness rating affect this too?

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

educated guestimate ... route running and awareness impact what route your receiver decides to run.

i have one of these plays i like to run and have practiced the shit out of it. if you do so against random defenses you can start to pickup when the guy would go one way or another.

most of the make sense, but you also need to wait for the WR to make a move - you can't assume you'll be on the same page.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I use to use them alot in previous version of NCAA. I like the Hitch / out route combo. 95% of the time it hitched on zone and ran an out on man. Usually a good first read when the TE did it. I don't see them as often and out routes don't work as well so I have not used them this year. Additionally the option route would break(go in the wrong direction when you line up) for the rest of the game if you flipped the play once.

The other option combos were difficult to predict the WR decision so I did not use them.

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I believe the route run should be based on a zone / man read by the WR.