Wrapping up Season 4 (Offseason)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 4, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Wrapping up Season 4 (Offseason)

Read closely:

Okay, so we'll be done with the bowl games after my game with parrothead Tuesday night.

When can everyone do the off season? We need to pick what works best between Wednesday night and Thursday night, and what time.

I vote Wednesday @ 11 PM EST

This off season WILL be less time consuming because we are going to advance periodically and as much as we can throughout the day during the recruiting stage.

I will host the OD during all of this. I will resend invites right after york advances after the Rose Bowl game. At that point I'll announce who is getting Texas Tech (you'll see in your invites), and I'll advance up to the 1st recruiting week.

This is going to take participation from everybody. If one person slacks it is going to hold everyone else up.

THE GOAL: Be to off season recruiting week 4 by the time the off season officially starts (11 EST).

WHY: Most people should be pretty much done by then. If you are 100% done with recruiting...turn off CPU assistance, and write "done" in your OD HQ message box so I know I can advance without you. It would also be helpful to post a reminder in this thread.

Advance Schedule:
    to Week 1 - Wednesday (about 12:45 AM EST)
    to Week 2 - Wednesday 1:30 PM EST
    to Week 3 - Wednesday 8:00 PM EST

that's going to cut out a lot of time. Who can't make this work?

We'll fly through the other stuff. We won't need to be in a chat like last time, but you will have to post your position changes and cuts still. Do not ask me if we've advanced, just stay in the OD and it will tell you/kick you out. Also, always check "Ready To Advance" so I know you are good to go. I will wait 15 minutes tops at each section (except training results), and I will give a 5 minute warning if we ever last over 10 minutes.

Please everyone reply to this thread!!

edit: Post #22 Players Leaving & Transfer Requests

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

bump 8888

3. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Why do we need to do reinvites? TBH i saw that part stoped reading and posted this lol

4. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Oh and why dont we do it like last time except start at like 7Pm and then do it all in one big sequence?

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Because I am able to advance more frequently. This will also allow me to do the schedules instead of york having to do it. It's a lot easier to just do all of this myself then for me and york to have to try and work together.

Reinviting does nothing to harm the dynasty if that's what you are thinking. You will lose your saved highlights, but if you want them all you have to do is save the files onto your computer.

Because it takes way too long. By doing this we basically knock out the recruiting portion all during the day. Most everyone will be done by the end of the third week.

6. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I dont care about the highlights,I barely have any lol.

So everyone will be able to make the sims that will take place during the day? for instance Rip(dont wanna seem like im talking for him)Doesnt he come on at like 10pm ? so wouldnt he miss the first 3 weeks of recruiting.

BTW I can make that schedule

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Actually, it is more of a go as everyone gets done schedule. That is what I'd like it to be though.

I definately am hoping for us to be at or near week 4 by the time we start.

I think everyone should be able to get on late tomorrow night or in the morning before work and do the first week, and then get one other week in after 5 pm central, and then go from there.

Also, the guys who are leaving don't have a lot of scholarships to mess around with. For example, Minnesota has 10-12 or something like that and has already signed 5-7...cant remember.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

read it. ill be there

9. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

This is why i dont think this will be faster than the way we did it before,because we will have to wait until the user get on and get there recruiting done before we can sim to next week,So If someone cant make Week1 till 6pm week1 wont get simmed till 6pm?

I thought The last way was better because everyone was on the same time and basically all we had to do is wait for the last guy to hit im ready.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

What do you mean? It can only be faster..

We are doing the off season all at the same time, but we are knocking out what we can before we are all able to meet up and do it. We can't all meet up at 9 AM, or else we would.

Do you understand now?

11. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I was going off of your schedule that you have posted;Advance Schedule:
    to Week 1 - Wednesday (about 12:45 AM EST)
    to Week 2 - Wednesday 1:30 PM EST
    to Week 3 - Wednesday 8:00 PM

I thought the times were set in stone,But i guess your just gonna open up what you can early but theres no guarantees for the times listed above?If thats what your saying then i understand.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I probably won't be able to advance during the middle of the day...but I expect to advance to two other times and I want people to get on and get their weeks done as soon as they can.

13. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

ok. I would be able to do week 1, but I won't be around to do week 2...but it's not the end of the world, I only have 5 schollies anyway.

14. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Well, I don't if this helps but I'm at work from about 7:30 am eastern until about 5 pm eastern and I don't have access to a 360 during that time. So any time other than that I should be able to squeeze in a week of recruiting.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, so I just won't advance during the middle of the day, but I'd like everyone to do their first recruiting week after my game with parrothead or before they go to work.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

It works for me....but it doesnt matter to me anyway. I had 9 scollys to work with and I have 8 commits. So im good. Ill be on off and on though, and I will def be on for the parts That i need to be.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I figured that most people will show up to watch the Rose Bowl, or atleast the end of it, and then can do their stuff right after that. The people that don't can do theirs in the AM.

18. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I can do whatever.

I'm alot like 1ke. I had 11 scholly's and have signed 9 or 10...so...no biggie. I'll be on when I need to be.

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll be at work during the day, so unless all my scholarships are filled before the offseason starts, that wouldn't work for me at all.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You can do the first week right after we play..

then do the second week after work..what time to do you get off?

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Shit, I just realized that we'll have players leaving and transfers...

I'll post em in here, just try to get them in ASAP..

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Players Leaving:

Akron - none
    Arizona - none
    Auburn - Fr MLB T Johnson (trans-MTSU)
    Bowling Green - none
    Colorado - none
    Kent State - Jr WR G Piggott (Pro Draft), Fr FS F McIntosh (trans-Ball)
    Purdue - none
    Southern Miss -none
    Texas Tech - none
    Tulsa - none
    UCF - none
    UCLA -none

Let me know who you were able to keep, and which guys you are letting leave/left.

Transfer Requests:

Akron - none
    Arizona - none
    Auburn - none
    Bowling Green - So CB M Sapp (Michigan-84)
    Colorado - none
    Kent State - So FS J Dudley (Michigan-82), Fr SS E Ross (Cincinnati-77)
    Purdue -
    Southern Miss - So C R Wilson (Texas A&M-76), Fr MLB E Causey (Houston-82), Fr WR R Johnston (Houston-77)
    Texas Tech - none
    Tulsa - none
    UCF - none
    UCLA - So OLB J Knox (USC-84)

Same deal, let me know who you are keeping.

23. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Lol how do you know this , you take it offline and sim ahead?

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yea....Hopefully I can keep all those guys.... Hubbard a RS Soph. Hardy and Assad RS Juniors, and Berry a true Junior. All 90 or above. I better keep those damn guys!

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're just waiting for the Shrike, Jman, and Ravedown and then we can advance to transfer requests. Unless anyone DOESN'T want a transfer we can sim right through that to recruiting.

but remember receiving transfers cost schollys, and letting them go adds to your total..

Everything in post #22 is up to date. Let me know if there are any transfers you AREN'T keeping ASAP! We should be able to advance past Transfer Requests very quickly.