WSU Season 7 Preview

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by gowazzucougs, Feb 8, 2011.

?

What Will WSU's record be after Week 4?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2011.
  1. 4-0 (A giant earthquake swallows Southern California, and hurricane takes out Tallahassee)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3-1 (A giant earthquake swallows Souther California)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 2-2 (Vandermint throws his controller through the country hitting me in the face)

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. 1-3 (if I beat UNC, but lose to Fresno I will be the one throwing the controller)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. 0-4 (call the crisis clinic I am back on the ledge)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY SEASON 7 PREVIEW​
    Preseason Ranking #35​
    Overall B-​
    Offense B-​
    Defense B-​
    Folks, this is my fifth season in the Trifecta Dynasty, and I can finally say things are tuning around for the Cougs. The team is no longer graded as C or C+ team. The Cougs have enough talent to be considered a B- team. This is a major improvement. I would like to say the turnaround should have happened faster, but the defensive unit was holding this team back.​
    For this year the offense is going to have a more balanced look. The Cougs are switching to a one back playbook. The main reason for this, is that my best player is HB Donald Taylor, while incorporating true freshman Antwon Brady. Brady finally brings to the table what I have been looking for in a running back speed (95), and good acceleration (85). I have several other backs with excellent speed, but they lack the acceleration. In addition I believe I finally have a solid offensive line that will allow me to run the ball. During my first two seasons, running the ball really was not an option, even short yardage plays were difficult to execute.​
    At quarterback I am going with Damian Romero, I was tempted to go with the junior Brandon Mosby because of his speed and athleticism, but Romero just simply throws the ball better.​
    On the defensive side of of the ball, there are numerous experienced players. Both starting safeties and linebackers are seniors. The player to watch for is CB Lewis Elliot. As a true freshman he started 12 games, and intercepted 3 passes. The Cougs saw him improve greatly over the course of the season with his overall rating increasing 7 points throughout the season. The Cougar Coaching Staff see Elliot improving more as this season progresses.​
    As for wins, the schedule does not open very well with games against UNC, at #4 Florida State,​
    #23 Fresno State, and at #7 USC. The Cougs could easily be 0-4 (yes, that was my reaction, I have currently talked myself off that ledge). Then after playing the two Arizona schools, Perry and #3 UCLA Bruins come to town. One day I will beat him. Finally, the Cougs need to have all their 23 recruits signed by November 5 (Week 11) because they finish with three straight road games.​

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Sorry bro, I got you going 1-3, maybe 2-2 because you finally have the talent to beat UNC. I just don't see it happening against FSU or USC

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

When I first looked at the schedule, my initial reaction was I could go 0-4. I don't think it is really going to happen because I can beat Fresno, and I can't take Fresno lightly because of last season's debacle against CSU. As for UNC, I have beaten UNC previously. However, that doesn't mean I will beat UNC again, and Vandermint is bound to win a user game, and it is most likely going to be me. Realistically 2-2 is great, 1-3 will be disappointing, but it is realistic. I just want to know who has me going 3-1?

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I had you going 3-1.

I think you win the two you think you'll win, FSU will blow your doors off, and you'll catch me on a night where I'm getting nagged to death and decide to drown out the noise with booze and you'll steal one....

but that's just a shot in the dark ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

USC and Florida State are tough draws and the UNC game will be close. I gave you the win over Vandermint, but I expect that to be a nail biter.