WTF is with some of these scores?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

WTF is with some of these scores?

Is the game this broken? Some teams are running over 80 plays on offense. Are the quarters too long? Is it gameflow? This is far from sim.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Alot of it is to long. It needs to have a runoff or something. We have a runoff in PMFL and game seems to go by quicker that way. I know i got bored in my game againt the texans because of how long the game took to play

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I think 8 min quarters are too long. I would prefer 6 or 7. It will only get worse once guys start getting better at the game...

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

In the TMFL we play with 9 minute quarters and a 15-second accelerated runoff. My games range are anywhere from 60 to 80 minutes long and our stats are fairly SIM. The league (32 user teams) agreed to this after a few scrimmage games and it was then determined these were the best settings.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

In the TMFL we play with 9 minute quarters and a 15-second accelerated runoff. My games range are anywhere from 60 to 80 minutes long and our stats are fairly SIM. The league (32 user teams) agreed to this after a few scrimmage games and it was then determined these were the best settings.

6. Mags

Quickness has nothing to do with it if 50+ passes are being thrown? It's not all games, which is odd, so it has something to do with how plays are being called, or guys just rushing up and running plays with little to no thought.

We can cut time or put on a runoff but that may not be the issue.

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I know there is a huge emphasis on SIM, and I am right there with you on that; however, I just feel that 60-80 minutes is way too long of a game experience. I'm pretty happy with 40-60, but when games are going for more than an hour to an hour and a half it really cuts into "life time." Just my opinion though.

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Totally understand "life time". I've been getting a lot of grief from my lady lately for NCAA, then Madden and now NHL. I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves me when I join the FIFA league here on TF.

In all seriousness, my suggestion for MEGA would be to stick with 8 minutes and implement the 15-second accelerated runoff.

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I would say a runoff would be perfect. I know i threw it 50 times in my game. Plus the entire 4th quarter i quit paying attention to what gameflow pick as far as plays. I was ready for the game to be over. I still pretty much had the true colts stats though 20 runs 50 passes even though a runoff would of let me run more. Sitting there trying to run clock is horrible on Madden. If it would of ran off then running the ball in a close game would of made since. but in a 1 possession game the clock made it a factor in my game anyways

10. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

I agree with the Colts....he busted out to an almost 25 point lead and with the amount of time i was able to come back and tie it to lose in the end. I think 7 min quarters with no run off would be ideal. My game last night with the Redskins went for almost an hour and a half and that takes part of the fun away from the game i feel.

11. Mags

Yeah, I'll take a look and see where the other leagues are as well.

12. Trashyman44

Trashyman44 THELOU CRUSHER

we r on all madden right?

13. Kan

Kan Walk On

its decided by the franny, so yes