Wtf Smitty retired on me?

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by Elemnt, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

So is this one my fault for not checking yesterday? I thought he was in a 3 year deal with Carolina anyway?

Thats frustrating hes definitely got more in the tank.

RRAHx2

2. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Not uncommon in CCM for middle of career guys to retire. That really sucks for you but since you were 16-0 I doubt you will have problems getting a half-way decent WR to replace him. That's why it's not a bad idea to buy retirement packages for caoch upgrades.

3. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Yeah so it looks like I should have looked into that before hand...

4. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Having to deal with the headache of the panthers backfield situation is a nightmare too. Like 90million locked up back there. In real life panthers have had rumors of considering cutting dwillz and taking the cap hit just to free up some. Uhg.

5. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I don't know about that. You probably ran him ragged last season, averaging 28 YPC and all.. :eek: :p

But I know what you mean about having money locked up, I have considered dumping Sanchez but he has the Jets by the balls for $8M in guaranteed money, so he's gonna be our highest paid cheerleader next season :(

6. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

are you gonna be going with tebow next season or what?

7. RRAHx2

Yes sir. With the XP upgrades their passing ratings are pretty much equal now, but Tebow has many more advantages to jump Sanchez on the depth chart. (Clutch Rating, Quick development, great running ratings, etc etc). So I'm trying to trade away Sanchez for a pick or something, so atleast I will get SOMETHING in return for paying him to NOT play.

8. RRAHx2

Only in NYC does a QB have a Pro Bowl season, lose only 2 games, and then gets benched haha.

9. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

thats new york for you, its gonna be tough getting him onto another team with all the flak hes catching in the real NFL this season haha.

10. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Thats crazy tebow is a useable madden qb. In real life his own team admits hes terrible.

11. RRAHx2

Yeah but the Jets will say anything to stay in the media spotlight. At the beginning of the year, weren't they saying that "Tebow even eats like a winner"

I stopped paying any mind to the Jets in real life once they started believing their own hype :rolleyes:

After 2010 they got too full of themselves and have been getting weekly beatings ever since.

12. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Yea I had to work all weekend and come to find out I'm on auto and Mike Wallace is a free agent. Kinda sucks

13. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

How does you not checking effect his decision to retire? It's not like you can talk him out of it.

14. RRAHx2

Yeah that is true mmorgan184. The weird thing is after the first off-season advance Smith hadn't retired yet. It was on the 2nd advance, so maybe people keep retiring as the off-season goes on?

15. Doc Holliday904

Doc Holliday904 Walk On

My starting center Jeff Saturday retired on me leaving yet another hole for me to fill