1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Wyoming Recruiting and Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jmillhimes, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Wyoming Recruiting and Game Summaries

First Game as Wyoming Coach..Came in to a team that was 1-3 and looked like it was lost. Karsten Sween is out for the year and Greg Boling is out this week. Ouch.

I did get a commit from a nice 2 star athlete.

Aaron Bolden - 2 star center who is rated with B+ in both Strength and Run block. He is rated B- for pass block. His defaults were speed in which my 97 year old grandma beat him at the 40 and his awareness which I think he has A.D.D.

My main concerns this recruiting stage is getting a kicker. I will write up a very indepth recruiting blog tommorow. Now, to the game.....

Wyoming Loses A Tough One To Florida Atlantic 30-28

A real tough way to start out with the Cowboys. We found ourselves down 13-0 early and never recovered. FAU running back David Muniz set a New school record by rushing 30 times for 240 yards 2 TD'S. We could not stop the run. Van Camp of FAU was 14-24 for 203 yards.

We got a nice game out of Richard Benjamin who was 21 -41 for 339 yds and 2 td's. The biggest mistake happend in the 4th with under a minute left. The Cowboys were at the FAU 49 yard line and on a 4th and 3, Benjamin tossed the ball over the middle and it was picked. TE Terry Burkhalter had 3 catches for 116 yards and a TD. In the Third, the Cowboys cut it to 3 when Benjamin hit Burkhalter for a 95 yard catch and run for the score. They didnt get any closer the rest of the game.

The Cowboys missed a big chance with 2 seconds left in the first and down by 6. They had the ball on the FAU 2 yard line and went for it instead of kicking a field goal. FB Greg Genho was stopped a foot away from the goal.

The Cowboys return home next week to battle New Mexico in Coach Millhimes debut at home.

2. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

Welcome! Grats on the early 2*!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.