Wyoming Recruiting and Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jmillhimes, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Wyoming Recruiting and Game Summaries

First Game as Wyoming Coach..Came in to a team that was 1-3 and looked like it was lost. Karsten Sween is out for the year and Greg Boling is out this week. Ouch.

I did get a commit from a nice 2 star athlete.

Aaron Bolden - 2 star center who is rated with B+ in both Strength and Run block. He is rated B- for pass block. His defaults were speed in which my 97 year old grandma beat him at the 40 and his awareness which I think he has A.D.D.

My main concerns this recruiting stage is getting a kicker. I will write up a very indepth recruiting blog tommorow. Now, to the game.....

Wyoming Loses A Tough One To Florida Atlantic 30-28

A real tough way to start out with the Cowboys. We found ourselves down 13-0 early and never recovered. FAU running back David Muniz set a New school record by rushing 30 times for 240 yards 2 TD'S. We could not stop the run. Van Camp of FAU was 14-24 for 203 yards.

We got a nice game out of Richard Benjamin who was 21 -41 for 339 yds and 2 td's. The biggest mistake happend in the 4th with under a minute left. The Cowboys were at the FAU 49 yard line and on a 4th and 3, Benjamin tossed the ball over the middle and it was picked. TE Terry Burkhalter had 3 catches for 116 yards and a TD. In the Third, the Cowboys cut it to 3 when Benjamin hit Burkhalter for a 95 yard catch and run for the score. They didnt get any closer the rest of the game.

The Cowboys missed a big chance with 2 seconds left in the first and down by 6. They had the ball on the FAU 2 yard line and went for it instead of kicking a field goal. FB Greg Genho was stopped a foot away from the goal.

The Cowboys return home next week to battle New Mexico in Coach Millhimes debut at home.

2. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

Welcome! Grats on the early 2*!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.