X-Mas Splurging?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 21, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

First let me say I hate X-Mas because I hate fat people.... lol jk... nah, but I'm really a Grinch. I only know X-Mas is this week, I have no clue what day. Anyway, ever since having my daughters I splurge on them. Can't help it.

Well 'Daddy's Little Girls' (twin two year olds) are really spoiled and its all my fault. I think I've bought every Dora the Explorer, Sesame Street, and Tinker Bell item in the toy department. Everything all together topped out at a little over $600.

Now my wife wanted a home theater system. Well, I'm a man (last time I checked;)) and I love electronics so I splurged a bit on this. I could of settled for the cheap $100 system but I thought this one out with the penis! $1500 later and I have some shit that it will take me 3 years to figure out. I couldn't help it. The brochure was so colorful and the sales rep was so nice:)

I dare to ask what have other TSO'ers done to 'lift' the economy. My number is roughly 2300-2400 due to my wife buying me some HD PVR thing for a couple more hundred.

I know some of you dudes are well off but are their any other astronomical numbers out there?

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm poor - xmas doesn't exist and I hate it anyways - it makes people crazy. I spend my money on paying back college loans :(

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We scaled back this year, but (4 kids) in years past I have hit 4 grand for the wife and kids.

I typically get a bonus around Christmas, which is why the high figure, but last year was pretty slim. After last year I learned my lesson and just stashed some cash in a savings account each week. So when I got my bonus normally this year I payed some debt down with it and just used the saved cash, which is a significant reduction.

My step kids are 8, 13, and 14. Both the 8 and 13 year old still believe in Santa (along with my 2 year old), but I think it is time for them to figure it out. I thought kids stopped that business earlier than 8.:) It is hard when you have a 13 year old (he is autistic) who believes in Santa, because he thinks he needs to get everything on his list even though the items are FAR more expensive than the 2 year olds.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not bad. Once those loans are paid off I bet your going to spoil your family big time.

Don't kill the dream bro! And I've realized toys are very expensive. I don't think any toy was under $20. Some of these toys didn't even look like Dora but the box said it was so it ended up in the cart. Funniest toy I grabbed though was a Barbie doll. I think Mattel is going 'ethnic' and they made a 'Rocawear' Barbie doll. I thought that was hilarious so I bought it. Didn't know it was $30 during my time of amazement:)

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, easy to say until your kids start putting "Laptop, iPod Touch, Wii" as the top three items on their list.:)

6. Keller

Wishful thinking. I'm 25 - I'm going to spend that money on myself or invest it - of course that won't be for another 20 years probably.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I've spent about $100 on little shits for the family...thank God I don't have kids or anything right now. And I never believed in Santa, my mom made sure from the get-go I knew there was no such thing as Santa, the bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wow dude:)

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Haha my mom's a little nutty...she made sure me and my brothers never believed in anything that wasn't real, like Santa or the Tooth Fairy or any other creature little kids believe in.

10. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm running into this now.. :(

11. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

my 12 year old little brother in law punched his 8 year old bro in the mouth because he said he didnt believe in santa lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I haven't spent $2,400 on my kids, wife, and ALL MY other family this year for Christmas....not even close.

I guess I could see if I bought a new TV or something big like that it could add up.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

when all is said and done i'm sure i'll be around 2k lighter because i'm sending myself to the rose bowl, also i'm going to pick up a second fermenter.

as always trick love da kids so i hooked up all my brothers kids with noise makers, and silly string and my wife got them some educational toys and what not.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    How much did you spend on the double D's in your avatar picture?

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Fermenter? What do you ferment?

16. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Damn, if I only had a G to spend.. Scratch that, maybe 400-500... WTF do yall do?

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

no kids ftw

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

beer.

19. Iron Mickey

i don't know...lmao. That's not my wife...lol

good estimated guess.....4K

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I know it isn't your wife.:)

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sometime I need to talk to you, I've always wanted to try to brew my own but have no practical idea where to start.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i am a rookie at it. your best bet is to google "home brew shop in your city" stop in there and ask away. i'll also pm you a couple websites that are solid, but i warn you they will be an over load of info.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I appreciate it. I live in the sticks, there is no home brew shop here.:)

24. Iron Mickey

Talk to hack too

25. Keller

I know someone who made some wine and hes a damn chemist and it still sucked. Leave that shit to the pros.