X1 Clubs 7/14

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Keller, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I can play around 8 cst or so.

We only have 4-5 games left in the season and need 7 points I think for the title.

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Put me as a maybe. Been so frustrated lately when I play that I might take a break. Depends on my mood when we start up.

4. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Don't be a wuss..you're fine but I do think you're a better cdm than winger...

Golf league till probably 830ish est.. I'll be on by 9 est unless it gets rained out early

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  6. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    To be honest, I hate the formation we play. One of my least favorites out there. No CM and 2 DMs is not a setup that I like at all. Rather have a couple CMs and no DMs or 1 DM.

7. Keller

I have varying opinions but definitely I'm open to new formations so we can experiment.

1) We have a CM, he's just a CAM. But don't fool yourself, Drift plays the whole damn field.
    2) The difference between CM and CDM are only in name. You play high enough to be considered a CM so I don't understand the disdain.
    3) What kinda formations would you like to try? Im open to whatever, especially if people are unhappy with our formation.
    4) We don't have other strong CM's outside of Nelly and Drift - no one else see's the field and possesses the ball as well as they do. I say this because in order to play different formations we need other guys that can do this and I don't know that we do.

8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    2 nights ago playing, I was basically stuck playing as a CB because any time I'd touch the ball in the offensive half I'd just get told to get rid of it or to stay back. If we have more than 4 people on, that's basically how it always turns out.

Personally, when I'm playing CDM, I do not like having another CDM with me at all (unless it was Kasper because we played extremely well together). I'd rather just play the middle of the field and be able to drift a bit from side to side. Always played better defensively like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Hopefully see you all at 9.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We could do a diamond formation if you would like. It wouldn't effect the wings very much. Open to suggestions.

Yup, will likely be on. If not, shortly thereafter.

11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Oh how far you have come with your football knowledge Keller.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The key is WHEN to push forward. Typically when Drifter makes his run to the wing, and the winger doesn't shift in to cover that space I'll try to push up to the top of the box and clean up any clearances and cutoff a passing angle if they try to possess it out. Other than that I just try to fill space and make myself available for a pass.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thats because we communicated well- even when we didn't the other saw the other one and adjusted accordingly. Biggest thing is playing with whoever you are sharing that spot on the pitch with. I have played enough games with you to know what you like to do- and same with you for I, so it worked well.

I think if you guys but Drifter at GK all would be well.

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    That's exactly what I felt like I was doing. That's why I was getting so annoyed.