X3B in 2011?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, May 12, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

X3B in 2011?

How will this work out?

Coaches points start over or carryover from 2010?

League still going to go in NCAA 2011 or die with 2010?

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I would like to have the league continue on in 2011.

I will keep x3b going in 2010 as long as we have good interest.

I think we will start 2011 the way we started the coaching system for 2010. We will have a draft between the users for teams. This will start with who is highest ranked and work down from there.

Not sure about custom conferences, we can talk about that as we lead up to 2011.

I don't know if coaching points will carry over, it doesn't make sense to me that we allow them to.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

X3B better be running for '11. I think the points should reset. It wouldn't be Bowl Busters if people start with Florida or can jump to a 6 prestige after 1 year. There are plenty of dynasties if you want power programs. How many have Western Kentucky, SMU, or Rice? It's what differentiates this dynasty from the rest.

That being said I didn't have a problem with users changing this past season cause it's pretty much a one shot deal now. Hopefully '11 will be more challenging vs the CPU in terms of recruiting and were not getting 4 and 5 star recruits with 1 star prestige schools.

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I totally agree with the direction of x3b, but just didn't want to make any assumptions...

I just hope I get the Blue Raiders next season!

And about the the 5* or 4* recruits going to 1 star prestige schools... Boy I wish the boosters in Murfreesboro had that kind of dough/clout to throw around to land that... I think the best i've got so far was a 3* athlete which I recruited every week for

5. onaradio34

I landed three 4* guys as a 2* prestige school. I know they want to make it easy on the user but no way does that really happen without some under the table stuff goin on.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

onaradio>Were they interested in your school at start of preseason?

7. onaradio34

No but no other school had offered them so I got them without much of a fight. Kinda lame, how many 4* recruits get 0 offers in real life?

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I don't go after anyone without a green dot makes it more of a challenge.

9. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Im guessing with Western Kentucky you get about 3-4 Green dots per season? J/K

Leagues looking good BC!! Great job man!!

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Lee> Are you coming back for NCAA 11?

11. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I will have to see what my schedule is going to be like. I just started a new job and am registered for school next month. I might not have time :(:(:(

(It doesn'y help that my wife and son have claimed my PS3 as their's.... so now I have to get a new one :eek:)

12. onaradio34

I like doing that in offline dynsaties only i allow myself to recruit any in-state player. no pipeliners though.

13. onaradio34

BC, wanted to get your thoughts/ideas on X3B in '11.

Are we stickin to the same formula or changing it up a bit?

Are we gonna draft teams soon or wait for the release?

1 and 2* prestige again?

14. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Hey guys,

I have had a great time in this league and my first year at TF, even though I joined late in the life of NCAA 10.

Evo is already rolling with teams etc... and I have accepted a spot in a league that farms for the premier leagues.

I don't want to overload on dynasties - so I wanted to give some heads up that I won't be in on X3B for 2011.

I am sure that I will be running into some of you in other dynasties. Good luck to everyone, if I don't. And thanks BC for running a great league.

I am still in to finish this out of course. Just had a great game with Onaradio - defensive struggle where he made some good plays in the secondary to put me away.

Onaradio - after the late pitch I appreciated you flopping to the ground to limit the gain - you didn't have to kneel the next play. I dont have a type pad [maybe I should get one] I would have tried to communicate that with you quicker if I could have.

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Late pitch- either running OB or flopping down is all that's needed. However, flopping down has been known to cause fumbles.

X3b in 11>I am planning on running at least 1 dynasty using those guidelines. The reason I may run 2 dynasties is because I may have 20 people interested already. Whether it's here or elsewhere is to be determined. I already have a website set up if need be.

The concept I would like to use would be to start as 1 star schools, without custom conferences. Draft order for teams would be done using a random number generator with me picking last.

Open for discussion. What do you guys think?

16. onaradio34

The reason I took a knee was because I still got an advantage after the pitch. Instead of a 2 yard loss, I got a 3 or 4 yard gain cause my RB caught the pitch in stride and got a few yards before I dove to the ground.

Nothin says you gotta take a knee...I just thought that I should since it was such a blatant late pitch that took away a nice play by the defense. Should have been 2nd and 12...instead it was 2nd and 8. Big difference in a close game.

17. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Yeah, I know that you did it because you felt that it was still too big of a gain because of the fall forward...

I am just saying, it was noted, and appreciated, and I just felt a little bad that you went the extra mile to rectify it.

18. onaradio34

Gentlemen, I'm gonna have to bow out for the rest of '10 and probably '11. Just got a new house that I'm doin a lot of work on and just don't have the time for '10.

As for '11, I joined another rebuilding dynasty and it doesn't make much sense to tie up two dynasties with rebuilding projects. Gotta go with it cause it's user vs user heavy and premier.

X3B has been great, and I'm proud to have been here from the start.

19. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Boy wish i had that problem. My family knows the PS3 is mine all mine. and the Wii is theirs. :)

I heard gamestop has some ppl'd ps3 in stock.

20. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My wife found out that PS3's play regular DVDs so she wants one for the bedroom. lol

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

So for X3b in 11 this is what I would like to do:

1> start with 1 star teams
    2> use same coaching point system
    3> We will draft teams after we figure out who will be in for 11.

Those 3 are a given, if any one has any suggestions, post and we can discuss.

Wife is having hip replacement surgery on July 13th so I won't be able to get game until at earliest July 16th.

Order of draft will be if all come back:

1>Forever
    2>JCA
    3>Onaradio
    4>BigSmooth
    5>Gprep
    6>Bamagrad
    7>bcduggan
    8>
    9>
    10>
    11>
    12>

Forever, JCA will get first picks because they had the most success with X3B in 10. I know everyone I mentioned may not be coming back in 11 but that's the order if they all come back. New members will pick after my pick.

22. BG

BG On The Rize!

Oh yeah! I'm ready to get this thing on and poppin!!!

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

If you can't find anyone to fill the spots... I'm interested.... but I'll wait to give new members a shot first

24. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Jerzey>One of the slots is yours if you want it. You were an asset last year when you were in here.

25. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I'll be in. so count me in.