XBox 1 or PS4

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

What is your take after the presentations?

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Which one is free?

3. Cheez

Just use your social security checks to pay for it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

An even better question: which one are you getting? I will buy the other :)

5. Cheez

I am getting the one whygodwhy1111 doesnt :p

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm not getting either for at least 9-12 months. That said, MS position on used/loaned games and the requirement to use kinect (which I have and don't use now) are big turn-offs for me.

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Same for me. Neither one is a first day buy for me. I'll just wait, see which one gets better reviews. If I had to pick one, right now it would be ps4. Killzone is a game I loved back when I had a ps2.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'm liking getting neither until they get NCAA on there. Plus I'm broke and I'm not optimistic that will change in the next 6 months

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

How much are they selling them for? Honestly I haven't researched or watched anything about either

10. Cheez

At release:
    XBox 1 - $499
    PS4 - $399

that's about the extent of my knowledge on the systems, however. I likely wont be getting one until next summer at the earliest as well.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Damn looks like Microsoft wants to lose some customers

12. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Xbox1 will be the better system.
    • The stance on used games isnt as bad as people are saying/acting like it is.
    • Better exclusives on xbox in my opinion (killzone is cool though)
    • You set how much stuff kinect does, including the ability to pause the kinect functionality altogether.
    • Xbox One controller looks familiar, ps4 controller looks lame
    • xbox has a significantly better online experience on current gen, likely to continue
    • The thing that is maybe the most exciting about xbox one is the ability to stream your games built in. Basically, Xbox One has spectator mode.
    I am unlikely to get it at launch/holidays, but unless I hear something crazy from reviews and the community (especially the one here at TSO) I will almost certainly have an xbox1 come next March. Hopefully NCAA 15 with the ignite engine will be on the horizon by then!

• Like Like x 1
  13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i'll probably end up getting both.. as far as the conf. went MS killed PS up till the point they announced their stance on used games and being 100 dollars cheaper..

everybody pre used/price stance- God this sucks. can anyone have a worse conf? is this Nintendo or Playstation?
    Everybody after- God this is awesome Xbox one sucks again.

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

you can stream on both systems..i'm not sure if PS allows you to record or if they just stream though.

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

with that said you cheesers better clean up your games before 2015;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

This is basically my stance as well. I don't want it at release because all I'd get is Madden and that would kill some of my 360 experience so likely and hopefully next marchish. Halo coming for it is big for me too but that doesn't drop till 14 sometime so not that big a deal. I also know 2k14 will be on Xbox1 and that bums me out, but I can wait a year.

17. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I was close to not getting either at release but with BF4 FINALLY getting to some real BF action on the console with 64 (32 vs 32) players this will finally be something good.

BF is terrible on the console as the vehicle to soldier ratios are terrible and the size of maps with respect to amount of players is usually garbage.
    This is something long awaited. So i will almost certainly get the xBox 1. I had already put the money aside.

Im still hoping they replace the Kinect with a Fleshlight (for those not on Skype) and they make a couple games with the Fleshlight as a peripheral.

18. Dru50

Doesn't that tell you that your opinion that the used game stance doesn't matter is the minority?

19. Dru50

What if you don't want a kinect at all? You still have to hook the dumb thing up with xbox one, which is the issue I have with it. Why couldn't they make it optional like it is now, cause the kinect I bought for my kids a year ago is sitting in a box right now.

20. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Completely disagree.

The ps4 has better specs than the xbox one does.

The kinect is the stupidest thing microsoft has ever come up with, only really worthwhile if you want to play a dance game.

The ps4 controller is almost the exact same as the ps3/ps2 controller was.

The ps4 is going to have the game recording ability as well as livestream capabilities as well.

Plus the ps4 exclusives are Kingdom Hearts 3, a new FF game, Killzone, Infamous, Blacklight:Retribution, and Planetside 2. The xbox one has a halo game and maybe Ryse?

But honestly the biggest thing is the stance microsoft took on used games and always on kinect/24 online check for offline play, they caved to the publishers money flow

21. Dru50

Is Bungie's new game (Destiny) going to be an exclusive or on both consoles? I'm not a shooter guy, but I really loved their Halo games.

22. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

It will be on both, they debuted it during the ps4 conference

23. Dru50

Cool. One thing I'm waiting for is for the PS3 to drop in price sometime after the new systems launch. I'll pick one up to play games like God of War and Uncharted that I've heard alot of really good things about but never played.

24. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

See, this is the thing, I am not really all that interested in any of those games, though Killzone and Blacklight look cool. I currently have both systems and a wii for the kids. I have played many of the PS3 exclusives and just prefer xbox. Part of it is the controller tbh, I dont likt the playstation one at all. Of course if you could care less about Halo, Ryse, Forza etc then the PS4 may be the way to go for you.

One thing I will add is that I hope they are both great, if they are it is better for all of us. :)

25. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Yeah, don't count out planetside 2, that game on the pc is one of the best fps games I have ever played