XBOX 360 -- TMFL 25

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bawvu97, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Week 1 - Kansas City - Loss - 38 - 14 - Henne is getting the start next game against Oakland
    Week 2 - @ Oakland
    Week 3 - @ Seattle
    Week 4 - Indianapolis
    Week 5 - @St. Louis
    Week 6 - @Denver
    Week 7 - Chargers
    Week 8 - San Francisco - Played in London England
    Week 9 - Bye
    Week 10 - @Tennessee
    Week 11 - Arizona
    Week 12 - @Houston
    Week 13 - @Cleveland
    Week 14 - Houston
    Week 15 - Buffalo
    Week 16 - Tennessee
    Week 17 - @Indianapolis

Results to be Posted

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

This should probably go in the game results sub forum noob. :p

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Or we could get 31 more of these in the main forum.

4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    i prefer slow and lazy like a [​IMG]

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Giants - 13
    Cowboys - 3

[​IMG]

In a defensive battle, Coach Peench edges division rivals Dallas in "Jerry's World". The Giants have never lost in the new Dallas venue, and the key was limiting Dallas' potent running game. New York held Demarco Murray to just 36 yards on 10 carries, while Lance Dunbar and Joseph Randle combined for 33 yards themselves. Romo was limited to 160 yards and threw two costly interceptions to Corey Webster and Prince Amukamara, respectively. The Giants had a third turnover as well - a forced fumble on a sack by Jason Pierre Paul, which was picked up by Mark Herzlich.

Offensively, Eli Manning had a meager 165 yards and an interception. David Wilson and Andre Brown each had 52 yards, with Wilson adding a tocuhdown as well. It was definitely the defense that carried Big Blue Sunday, and hopefully their momentum carries over to week 2 against the Broncos.

GG sawemoff. Looking forwad to re-igniting this rivalry.

• Like Like x 3
  6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

GG man. That first interception killed the momentum for our offense and after that it was all down hill. Hopefully by the time we play again I will have a real FB!

• Like Like x 1
  7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Jets - 52
    Bucs - 35

Defense need not apply. Geno Smith had a really nice day with 4 TD's and close to 300 yards in Coach OM lawdog's first game in Madden25.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

• Like Like x 6
  9. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

49ers - 35
    Packers - 31

In the first game under new ownership for the 49ers, Jim Harbaugh and co found a way to win a tough game against a high powered Green Bay team with solid offense and timely defensive plays. The 1st quarter was very high scoring as the teams were still figuring out one another, with the defenses a bit behind each team scored 14 in the 1st. Skipping ahead to the 4th quarter and the teams tied 28 apiece, the 49ers defense came up big twice, after Green Bay found themselves with a 1st and Goal, the Niners D managed to hold them to just a FG and keep things close. On the following Niners possession, Kaep and Gore led the team straight down the field for a TD and the lead at 35-31. Green Bay stormed right back, and with under 4 minutes to play were back in Niners territory, Aaron Rodgers was trying to hit Jordy Nelson on the left sideline but Tarell Brown picked it off and the Niners would get a couple first downs and then take a knee for the victory.

Key Players:
    Vernon Davis (SF) - 4 catches 100+ yards 2 TD's

Frank Gore (SF) - 100+ rushing yards
    Randall Cobb (GB) - 100+ receiving yards
    Eddie Lacy (GB) - 100+ rushing yards

Key Injuries:
    Vernon Davis (SF)
    Ahmad Brooks (SF)
    Jermichael Finley (GB)

GG dakota7

• Like Like x 3
  10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Denver - 37

Baltimore - 10

The Broncos played tough defense today as they were able to hold the Ravens to just ten points. Peyton Manning had a good day through the air, throwing two TD's. The big surprise was HB Knowshon Moreno matching Ray Rice yard for yard as the two backs battled it out and finished with over 100 yards each. Montee Ball would also have a decent day rushing with 53 yards and a score. It did look like the Ravens had found their stride as they drove right down the field to open the second half down 7-20 but they could only manage the FG in the end. Peyton Manning would find Wes Welker on his first pass of the second half to give Denver control of the momentum.

Stats

P. Manning - 10/16, 248 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
    K. Moreno - 18 Att, 107 yards, 5.9 ypc
    M. Ball - 13 Att, 51 yards, 3.9 ypc, 1 TD
    W. Welker - 4 Rec, 123 yards, 2 TD

J. Flacco - 13/25, 166 yards, 2 INT
    R. Rice - 22 Att, 123 yards, 5.6 ypc
    T. Smith - 4 Rec, 59 yards
    D. Pitta - 5 Rec, 53 yards

GG Randiesel75

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This was a very frustrating game as I we couldn't get anything going and gave up huge chunks of yards. The big plays killed us! I really started to feel the running game more in the second half, but like you said, on your ensuing drive to open to half it was a huge pass to Welker. I was forced to pass, which hurt me, and had to bring pressure as Manning is just deadly with time in the pocket.

Not a good way to open the season, but had fun finally connecting. In my time in The Experience, don't think we ever connected.

Good luck, buddy

12. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

BEN Bears.PNG
    Player of the game- Matt Forte 19 rushes 135 yds 2 TD's

This game was defined by the Bengals inability to stop the run. The stats are somewhat skewed due to the fact that of those 154 yards rushing, 73 of them came on one long run by Forte. The game started off shaky for us as we threw two interceptions on our first two passes of the season. Cutler recovered however and finished the game 12-16 with 2 TD's. The fact that we were able to limit our passing really helped in controlling the game. We only passed when we needed to and it paid off big time. Devin Hester returned to being exclusively a returner as he sucks cock at WR. He returned a Kickoff to the house right up the middle of the field.

One area where Dan had success was throwing the ball. Due to our staunch run defense the Bengals were forced to throw the ball 49 times, with Dalton completing over 60 percent of his passes. AJ Green when off against Tillman and Jennings for 166 yards on 10 catches and a score. TE Tyler Eifert also had several big plays, going for 111 yards on 4 catches.

Overall this game showcased horrible defense on both sides. I might as well of had Hellen Keller out there trying to make tackles. Dan you got a lot better on the sticks than you were last cycle, you made me miss a lot. GG @Danthraxx If you feel like throwing up some clips then go ahead man.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Cleveland Browns - 34
    Miami Dolphins - 31

This was an interesting game between myself and antcap24. We both came out baffled on offense, as indicated by the giant goose egg on the board after the first quarter. I think poor Lamar Miller had 5 yard on 5 carries in the first quarter. After that, both offenses came alive, with a combined 31 points scored in the second half. The highlight for Cleveland was a SICK punt return by Travis Benjamin (don't kick to this guy) as Cleveland went into the half up 21-0.

In the second half the Dolphins stuck with the rushing game and Lamar Miller rewarded them. They climbed back into the game, eventually tying the game up at 31 after a Brandon Weeden interception. Unfortunately, Ryan Tannehill chose to throw a bad pass and it was picked off by Cleveland linebacker D'qwell Jackson. The Browns marched down the field and kicked the game winning field goal as time expired.

Notable Players
    QB Brandon Weeden 18/27 293 3 TD 1 INT
    QB Ryan Tannehill 18/27 320 3 TD 1 INT

RB Trent Richardson 23 for 101
    RB Lamar Miller 18 for 127 1 TD

WR Mike Wallace 5 for 140 2 TD

OLB Barkavious Mingo 2 sacks

WR Travis Benjamin 1 TD (Punt Return)

Good game antcap24, it was a pleasure as usual.

• Like Like x 3
  14. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Great game Shaun. First time on the mic with you, it was fun. Just couldn't stop Richardson from doing his thing down the stretch.

P.S.
    Phil "Bobo" Taylor is a bad man.
    [​IMG]

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

• Like Like x 4
  16. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

upload_2013-9-9_22-33-6.png

Chargers Hold On
    defeat Texans 17-14

The San Diego Chargers used a 14 point first quarter to run-and-hide from the Houston Texans on their way to a 17-14 victory.

San Diego took the opening possession of the game and marched down the field, scoring on a 20 yard WR screen to HB Ryan Mathews to take a 7-0 lead. Then, on Houston's first possession, San Diego rookie MLB Manti Te'o intercepted Matt Schaub, to set up the Chargers in great field position. A few plays later, Mathews would be in the end zone once again, this time on a short TD run. The second quarter saw Houston cut into the Chargers' lead, as the Texans offensive line began to open holes for Arian Foster. Houston looked destined to tie the game as the O-Line continued to dominate, however, an ill-advised pass by Schaub in the redzone turned back the scoring opportunity. San Diego again took advantage of a turnover, and drove down the field to add a short FG, taking a 17-7 lead into halftime.

The teams battled to a scoreless third quarter in which Foster continued to run free into the Chargers second level. Yet, key mistakes by Houston ultimately stopped the Texas from scoring. It wasn't until midway through the fourth that Houston once again found the end zone against a tired and confused San Diego defense. With the Chargers offense highly ineffective in the second half, the Texans kicked deep with just under four minutes to go expecting to get the ball back. Yet, instead of giving the ball back to their offense with a chance to at least tie, the Texans defense two-stepped their way out of a win. Two key facemask penalties on the drive, including one on a 3rd and 4 after all timeouts had been exhausted, allowed the Chargers to keep possession until the clock read zero.

RRAHx2, Good game! The turnovers, the penalties, and the start did you in. Out of all possibilities prior to our game, the last one in my mind was me up 14-0 (especially considering our other attempts). Once Foster got going, it was only going to be a matter of time before you came all the way back.

Notable Stats
    SD QB Philip Rivers - 13/17, 162 yards, TD
    SD HB Ryan Mathews - 17 car, 52 yards, TD; 2 rec, 35 yards, TD
    SD MLB Manti Te'o - 3 tack (2 solo), INT, 2 FF

Hou QB Matt Schaub - 10/17, 125 yards, TD, 3 INT
    Hou HB Arian Foster - 13 car, 108 yards, TD
    Hou Turnovers (diff) - 3 (-3)

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I wish I had my Hauppauge on, because that punt retun was slick.:)

18. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Cards at Rams Week 1

The Rams D controlled this game putting up five sacks on the oft running read option threat Carson Palmer....cpu smh.

Courtland Finnegan started the game with a pick six and Alec Ogletree ended it with another.

In between those plays Pead rushed for 102 yards and Jared Cook caught a couple tds just like his real life counterpart.

Rams win this one 41-20.

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Where's the rest of the week 1 write ups? Shamon TMFL...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Bills 45
    Patriots 31

The Buffalo Bills start off the season with a big win over division Rival New England 45-31. The Bills had issues early on though fumbling the ball 3 times, twice by CJ Spiller, and one was ran back for a touchdown. With the Bills down 28-21 at the half, EJ Manuel and the offense would get the ball first in the 2nd half and quickly get down the field and score. The Pats would respond with a field goal, but the Bills would add another touchdown to take their first lead of the game, 35-31. The Pats would throw 2 interceptions and punt from this point forward and the Bills would add 10 more points. Manuel ended up with 331 yards through the air and 4 touchdowns, and also rushed for 2 more touchdowns. The Bills find themselves facing off against Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers next week.

• Like Like x 1
  21. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Im a big RVD fan and I like that commercial

22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Rather un-sim of the Browns to show up in a season opener :(

• Like Like x 1
  23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's creepy.

24. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Very good game. Turnovers killed me. Literally hit X on that pick to Nelson, I meant to throw to Cobb on the out. I probably never should have run with Rodgers either, that scoop and score was crushing. Good luck the rest of the season.

25. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Yes, it was a great game, good luck to you as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.