Xbox Fanboys

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by I Peench, Jun 10, 2013.

?

Has the Sony E3 presentation got you thinking about jumping to Sony?

1. Yes, my decision just got harder

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No, I'm sticking with Xbox One

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

So, the dust has somewhat settled. Being a Microsoft/Xbox fanboy myself, the $400 price tag and the used games have me thinking HARD. I've pre-ordered both, but will definitely be monitoring the situation way closer than I thought I would be. If PSN is solid, I might just make the jump :eek:

What say you?

2. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Thinking the same thing. Sony killed it doing the opposite of what Microsoft is doing. Then the 399 price tag? Can't beat that.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sony killed it but i just like what Xbox/Microsoft has to offer. As much as the used games and Kinect bullshit scares me, it still has a good amount of games i like better than Sony.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

leaning Xbox One , but gonna have alot to think about, PS4 is looking really solid right now.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

How about an option of sticking with our old 360's??

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

Knock yourself out.

• Like Like x 3
  7. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

No it hasn't, Peench. To the "gamers" I can see how the PS4 might be more appealing. However, being an adult with a family. I can't drop $400 on a system that's only, or primary, purpose is for playing games. XBOX One's multimedia offers way more for the living room than Sony does, plus more dependable online capabilities. XBOX One is more expensive, but you are also getting more in return, so more bang for your buck. Outside of TSO leagues and the occasional FPS.. my XBOX is rarely being used for games. People are blowing the "cons" of Xbox One out of proportion, IMO.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, if I buy a game system I buy it to play games. All this peripheral BS that Microsoft is trying to shove down our throats with "taking over the living room" and forcing you to have a kinect, etc. is just noise to me. I have a kinect now, and me and my kids never liked it and it got shoved in a box. I have a blu-ray player, and a DVR and netflix/hulu connected directly to my TV....I don't need my xbox to control everything.

I'm undecided, but Microsoft's sales pitch has done more to turn me off of the new Xbox than the other way around.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RRAHx2

We still use our Kinect regularly. My woman, has like 3 games on there she uses.. plus when we have friends over its always a good time drinking, and playing those dance games. So the Kinect is a welcome upgrade as it looks 100x better than the 360 version.

But that sort of ties into my point too Dru, the XBOX 1 does a lot more and yet, it is still comparable in terms of video games to the PS4. I mean to me, if the PS4 is solely going to be a game machine, it better blow the Xbox One out of the water in that genre.. but it didn't. The fact that they are both still comparable and Xbox One is only $100 bucks more seems like a deal to me.

Who knows my opinion may be biased as I have a 360 now, but that's just how I see it. Different strokes, I guess..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

You kids didn't like Kinect? Shit, my four year old loves being able to turn on the Xbox, talk her way to Netflix and a movie.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

White folks don't dance.

12. RRAHx2

Yeah my son is the same, he uses Kinect for everything, lol.

13. Dru50

My kids played the Kinect for about 2 weeks and then grew bored with the games available for it.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

I just use it to be lazy and I love it for that.

15. Dru50

Fair enough, I prefer the controller and when my kids want to get up, run around and be crazy they didn't like having to stand in the area in front of the TV to play. At the end of the day, having to have the kinect set up to use xbox one may be a deal breaker in and of itself for me. I don't want my game system to take up anymore space in my office than it does now.

16. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Xbox One Specs
    eight-core x86 CPU, 500GB hard drive, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, USB 3.0, HDMI in and out ports, blu-ray player, kinect, smartglass, WiFi, 13 gameday games.

PS4 Specs
    single-chip eight-core AMD Jaguar custom low power x86-64 APU with a Radeon based graphics engine, 8GB of GDDR5 RAM and a Blu-ray optical disc drive, 12 gameday games and playstation move(assuming it works with the 4).

Both consoles have custom AMD chips, and Sony has the graphics edge with an 18 compute unit GCN graphics core configuration.

Both consoles have DVR features, and each will let players upload their content for sharing with their peers.

Looks like I'll be going with xbox....

(Cannot stand those playstation controllers) :D

17. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

18. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Im with Bulldog, if nothing else, the xbox controller is so much better to me, though others may disagree. I am underwhelmed by the ps3 that I have and I use the shit out of my 360. I dont care a ton about kinect, but the upgraded kinect has some sool features that are intriguing beyond just jumping around. The voice control stuff and how it can integrate into games sounds good.

Before PS4 talked about used games and the price tag people where saying stuff like, "if i want to play nintendo, i'll buy a nintendo" then they say the bit about used games and people are like, "PS4 ultimate machine of all worlds" or whatever in their fanboy adoration.

I dont buy used games, so I could give a F about that. Plus, there will still be used games for Xbox One, you will get a code with the disc when you buy it at gamestop.

19. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

The controller really is a huge player for me as well.

20. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
  21. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

gotta love the Shot Sony i sending to Microsoft lol

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Except that isn't true.

23. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Yeah, I just read about the 3rd party developers having the option on how used games can be sold or not. I'll be getting both systems most likely and I stopped trading in games awhile ago. I already know it wont be long before both systems have a structure setup like Steam and buying disc games will be a thing of the past

24. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I love how they were all, "you can share your ps4 games, suck it xbox" yesterday... then today it's like, "well, i mean, its up to the publishers, but we arent forcing them to not let you share..." Which sounds curiously similar to what microsoft was saying

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Xbox is going to launch like that.