Xbox One: Impressions

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Shaun Mason, May 21, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

Anyone else?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Looking forward to hearing more about it, but I like what I've seen/heard so far. I've always been an Xbox over Playstation guy and I don't see that changing.

4. Frenchie1916

In truth, I'm just bitter about EA engaging in any kind of FIFA exclusivity of either platform over another. The biggest gaming franchise in the world, and you can't be big enough to spread it evenly across both platforms?

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Come to the dark side.

6. Frenchie1916

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's cool. Little brother needs fans too.:)

8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I mean, in terms of release event vs release event, there's no comparison - Microsoft wins hands down. We'll really have to wait until E3 rolls around to see more about the PS4 and see both in action.

The single greatest part of today for me? Nope, not Inite...the controller. I'm thrilled they didn't change too much, as I think the design is close to perfect as is. Having the rumble feature on the triggers is a really neat touch imo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

This.

10. TerentiusXIII

TerentiusXIII Walk On

Xbox One does not bring anything that makes it a "must have" for me to buy it when its released. I'll definitely wait and contintue to play my 360 for a few more years. There are so many games that I want to play. Plus, I just do not have the time to play videos games as much as I used to.

11. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

I'll be interested to see what happens at E3 (for both Microsoft and Sony). For what they are shooting for, it appears to be pretty sweet. I'm more interested in what these 15 Xbox One exclusive games are. To me (and i'm sure many will agree) it's pretty easy to say Xbox Live is way ahead of PSN but Sony has the better exclusive games compared to Microsoft. This could change if these 15 exclusive (8 new) are something to look at.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes down to the PS4 vs Xbox One and I'll make my decision based on what I find to be better. As of now, I find it pretty dead locked for the reasons above. The other factor is this community. Predominantly Xbox users here, which leads me to lean that way. Also most of my buddies are Xbox users. All that said, still a lot to uncover and still a lot to learn about these 2 systems. Will be an exciting next couple of weeks leading to E3.

Not trying to hijack just simply putting input on both sides.

12. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Just got a chance to watch the release presser.

All the interaction, with the gripping and moving, snap controls, etc are something that I think 'meh' about at first, but I'm sure once I get a better grasp of how it works, will be fantastic. TV Guide, all that other stuff, something that isn't necessary for me as a gamer, but I could see myself really using once I get it down.

The Ignite engine is pretty intriguing, but I imagine like with most things, the second year they use it will be when it can really really shine.

All in all, pretty impressed. Was probably going to get it as soon as it's out anyways, nothing scaring me away from continuing that path.

13. I Peench

Good, I'll have someone to play with :)

14. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I was fortunate to get my hands on one of the xbox one prototypes. It works great!

ForumRunner_20130521_182726.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  18. chance17

chance17 Walk On

If I flip off the new kinect, will it take a hint and shut off?

19. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Personally I am not a fan of the integrated (required) Kinect. The Kinect on our 360 is shutoff or unplugged half of the time, lol.

Also, the way they side stepped the "always on" internet connection deal, it reportedly has to have checked in within the last 24 hours, is a little sketchy for my taste.

Honestly I probably won't get either system at launch, but these are my biggest concerns with the Xbox One.

20. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

After a full day to read articles about it (via IGN) and just hearing more people talk about it, I'm left with mix feelings. It is exciting that they have mentioned new exclusive titles, but they didn't back it up. Saving it for E3? sure, maybe. As a gamer, that's a main point I look at is the games. Is it a great entertainment system? Yes, but how much of that will I actually use is the true question. I have a TV, do I really need my Xbox to be my TV? Now, what would be sweet, and maybe I missed it or it's in some long term plans, is if they were to provide some kind of service such as a streaming service or something dealing with TV. Almost seems pointless to have this as an option at this point when I can just switch to my TV and watch TV on dish or directv or whatever. Maybe I am missing a point there.

Also, another thing that has been brought to my attention (could be nothing). Is there going to be an issue with having all this running in the background? I just feel like it will slow everything down. Now I don't know jack crap when it comes to processor's or any of that. So it may be able to do all this without even flinching.

In the end, my main use for it is going to be gaming. Will I use the other stuff? sure, it's there i'm going to pay for it, might as well. But essentially it's the games, and I'll be happy when I see some of these games that are being talked about and I'm assuming we will hear about all this in June at E3.

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm disappointed about what I've read that this new system will charge an additional fee to play a game you purchase under another account. I understand piracy issues and all, but charging me to loan a game to a buddy or similar is kind of a disturbing money grab. Maybe that's just the way the world is heading....

22. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Not sure if you saw this one from AnandTech. Both consoles should be fine from a hardware perspective. Really, for playing games nobody is losing this generation besides the wii U. There are some things I don't like from the new xbox, but I'm withholding judgement until I see the e3 reveals and what the exclusives are for each. I definitely wont be buying both so I want somebody to impress me and not just piss me off the least.

• Like Like x 1
  23. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I just want to be able to download the games on release day. I'm pretty sure PS3 already offers that... Will PS4? Will Xbox One?

Enough with the disks.

24. I Peench

Get a One and join TMFL :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

If they gave us the option to buy a "Xbox One Lite" without that bullshit Kinect and less "features" I'd be more inclined to buy it day one.