Xbox One user CFM games can't connect

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Keller, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Richuation
    Drifterbub
    Shaun Mason
    BobJr
    Black Republican

GDip and myself as well as I'm sure others have experienced the whole weirdness with connecting to one another in user (pvp) games.

I dont have a ton of good data/feedback as its only happened to me once and it was weeks ago. GDip just had it happen this week. I know in both our cases that both of us confirmed that both parties had open NAT so it should not be a network issue.

Is there any sort of general steps to resolve not being able to send/receive invites for games or connect to one another? I know at least in my case we tried hard reboots of the XB and also tried being IN or OUT of XB parties when sending and receiving invites to see if that had any effect.

We need to do something though because its causing a lot of heartache in my league at least. I'd love to hear how Rich/Jowers have been doing in TMFL with it.

Also, I'm going to direct the rest of my guys here so they can report their issues with it as well. I know its more widespread than just a few games here and there.

We need some sort of step by step process for people.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I had similar issues on Xbox One. I don't have them on PS4.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I personally had one instance of the invite issue this release so far, i believe it was also with gdip, i think it was anyway.

First we just sent invites to each other to see if it went through, i think twice i got the invite, but could not enter the game. When i sent invite, it never went through to the other side.

So i restarted my cable modem, router and closed the madden game by hitting the startbutton (the one with the 3 lines) and closed it. didnt work.

Not sure if he did it on this side though, but it finally worked after i hard rebootetd my xbox by pressing and holding the power button on the console itself for a few seconds. Afterwards, the invite worked and we played our game.

Looks like you did the hard reboot too, so tough to pinpoint on what fixed my situation if my solution didn't work for you.

Other than that game, i've been able to send and receive invites consistently this 1st season.

Not sure if it is an EA server thing, Xbox One thing, ISP thing, xbox live profile thing or just the two connections dont like each other. So a hard reboot in my case worked for me for the single time i had a problem.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Has anyone else had problems with UvU games that did not include Gdip?

Also, can you confirm that you did a settings check to make sure that they matched?

5. Keller

That isn't a solution.

6. Keller

I can confirm that we did yes. The game acts weird. In my case the first time I sent an invite as the game was setting up I get a little popup that says "waiting for your opponent to accept invite"

In games AFTER the first one, I never get that again. AND my opponent confirms that he is not receiving them anymore either.

Thats the most perplexing thing for me.

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I have heard of connecting issues on the one. But have not had any on the ps4.

Knock on wood

8. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I know in our NFC division playoff game, we had to SIM it in TMFL because antcap24 & BrewBomber couldn't connect during regular season or in the playoffs. I've had the issue on 360 before, have yet to have one on the X1....yet.

9. GDip

GDip Walk On

I've had the issues all season. Sometime early in the season, after it being the 2nd week in a row of expericing this and going through the regular NAT check, xbox/router rebood, i completely reset my modem. Like all the way back to factory defaults. It still hasn't changed anything with my problem.

i am always able to finally connect to my oppt. sometimes after 2 tries, sometimes after 20 tries, it's completely unpredictable. this has been consistant through 2 different TSO leagues. i have no such issues in MUT or play now games or other games

while i'm not the only one who has experienced this, oppts usually have experienced once or twice before games against me, I experience this most, if not all weeks. so there's something with my leagues that causes this to happen. i've done internet searches and gone through all the obvious troubleshooting steps i know of. not sure where to go from here, but it's a very frustrating thing to deal with long delays each game i try and play.

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Sorry for you Xbox One guys that it is still happening :( , probably my favorite part about the PS4 is not having to go through all that.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Solution or not, that's my experience. Why would I have a work around for something that doesn't occur to me?

12. Keller

Cuz you're a gamechanger - I thought maybe you'd be plugged in! (y)

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    AFAIK, it's an Xbox issue, not a Madden issue.

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Have you tried wiping your game data off your xbox and reinstalling? I'm thinking that maybe a patch/update or even the original game install may be wonky.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. GDip

GDip Walk On

i'd say it's a Madden issue on Xbox. don't have problems in any other venue except online CCM

16. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Seen these issues more on the 360 than the One; as Drifter said try wiping off your game data and starting fresh. I had issues with another game on the 360 and contacted M$. They had me go through my HD and basically there were corrupted files on there, after wiping them out I had zero issues. Lastly if your router allows it you may want to put your Xbox only IP on the DMZ or gaming port if it supports that. This will take you from behind your routers firewall which sometimes causes connection issues, you'll essentially be direct-connected.
    Our work around in the future will be for the two who have issues in high stakes games (playoffs) to attempt to play and unranked game, non cfm .. And the winner will get to play the cpu in the rare event of this happening..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I had it happened 3 times for me during one season of CFM . Twice against BrewBomber Packers and once against RynoAid Vikings. I started to believe I wasn't meant to play the NFC North. My Lions and Bears were also Sims due to scheduling issues

18. Keller

how would wiping game data be a solution?

It doesn't happen every game nor every time. Some games are fine, some aren't. I've only seen it once, but more and more people are reporting seeing this as well.

19. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Corrupted files will be eliminated ... If that is the issue, doesn't hurt to try. I'd say it has more to do with the connection though, if you can direct connect try to, to see if it fixes the issue. It seems to only happen to a select few, and it's only those select few that seem to have issues with everyone else.

20. Keller

I've had issues with no one except 1 owner, who's also had issues with no one else. I agree it doesn't hurt to try but to me this is a much larger issue than the guys here seem to be making it out to be.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Only issue I had was with RyanC - couldn't receive invites/said session expired.

Restarted our machines and it worked fine.