Xbox One

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, May 23, 2013.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

First off, who else is hella excited for this? Love how it's more of an entertainment system along with the Gaming System. Should make it an amazing buy.

Second, who is pissed off NCAA probably won't be on the console, and that it's probably not backwards compatible? Upsetting but other than those two things, it looks very good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I am getting the feeling more and more that we are coming up on our last release of NCAA

• Like Like x 1
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Whys that?

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

With the pending litigation against the NCAA in the Ed O'Bannon case, and the way the NCAA is setting up to remove some of the liabilities, it just seems to me it will only be a matter of time before the leage problems will outweigh any profits they could ever make. Especially once all likenesses are removed.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Negative nancy! But I agree with tou

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I don't like saying this. I have always loved the NCAA series. But even this might be too much for EA Sports.

7. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'm excited. The EA clips in the reveal looked awesome. Lets see how the gameplay improves...

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I doubt I'll be buying a new system right off the bat as I'd prefer for the prices to drop and for them to work all the kinks out (1st edition 360s had tons of issues). It sucks that it won't be backwards compatible, but that frees up the only reason I'd have to stay locked into xbox. Now I can be completely open minded and choose the best system. So far I've owned a genesis, playstation, (skipped the PS2/xbox generation), and then 360. I think XBL is vastly superior to the PSN and for the size of my hands the 360 controller fits them perfectly and I don't like the feel of the playstation controllers so I'll be leaning towards the Xbox One.

Whichever I choose, I'm sure it'll be a while before I get one.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

I won't be getting it right away. I heard it's going to be pricey and like everyone else is saying , glitchy.

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Biggest gripe to this point is the paying a fee for used games. That's some money grabbing bullshit. Also I am upset about no backwards compatibility. And finally the fact that your games you already bought through Xbox live doesn't transfer over.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

They probably won't do backwards compatible because either the games will eventually be able to be download from XBL. Paying a fee for used games won't last long and neither will not being able to transfer things. When sales aren't as projected, they will submit to the masses, especially when they see people still on the 360 and not Xbox One. I'm not impressed at all. The damn console is huge, the controller looks like an original Xbox controller. So what if the graphics blow your mind, watch half the games play like :doodie:..../endrant.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I like the controller being very similar. It's the best controller out there IMHO and just needed a tweak or two. I hope they submit to the masses. Oh and the needing an Internet connection every 24 hours is dumb. Forgot to mention that

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wait...what?

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Every 24 hours, the Xbox has to connect to the Internet. Aka, they check in to make sure you aren't hacking or stealing from Xbox.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

So what are the perks of this console? There is no more offline gaming?

Can we even recover a current Gamertag??

Another thing I don't understand is the mandatory kinect...The console will not function without it? So we would have to bring the damn kinect if we wanted to bring the console with us somewhere...and the mic is always on...great..I can't shout when I get mad during a user game....

Like I said, people will buy these like crazy in the beginning but they will start causing issues because of MS trying to play "Big Brother".....all in one entertainment but you have to follow our rules....

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah it's all a bunch if decent ideas but they have MAJOR flaws.

17. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I didn't watch any of the launch stuff but is this true? If so that'll suck ass. Forget about people hearing you talk. Kinects that are always on are INCREDIBLY annoying. This is because just about everyone has them by their TV so with the open mic it pics up the TV's audio which means that everyone else you're playing with (it's bad in NCAA and fucking HORRIBLE in COD:BO2) will have to hear your tv through their tv. Combine that with their own tv and the slight delay of your kinect's audio and it's a bad echo.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Apparently you can turn off everything but the sensor that allows you to play the console. Like I said, Big Brother is here....

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will be getting it on release day, whenever that is..

Even if NCAA goes through that stuff the game will survive, but we will most likely have to deal with Random players from the start with no likeness to the real guys at all.

In reality I couldnt care less cause after a few years they are all gone anyway, but NCAA is a profitable game for EA...they will make it work even if it means any likeness to the real players is wiped away.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

I really don't care what players look like TBH, as long as they have their names. We can always edit their look somewhat too....IE if a player with dreads didn't have them, it's not tough to change their hairstyle.

21. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

That really isn't my point Mas, I could care less about what gear they do or don't have. It more to do with likeness to real players being the big problem for EA and the NCAA...using real player images and numbers, no names but everyone knows who they are causes conflict because they aren't reimbursed for using them.

So what I was saying is NCAA will survive, but most likely with Random EA generated players from the start rather then waiting a few seasons for all the real guys to be gone.