Xbox reverses DRM policies

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jun 20, 2013.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Discuss. Good or bad?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Don't care and find it hilarious that so many people made such a big deal about it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Really, i was kind of dissapointed. I wanted to see what kind of features they would able to implement with everything being digital. Now what separates it from the PS4?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

They did it because PS4 was about to beat them because they had no DRM. Sony made MS look foolish at E3.

Oh and I preordered X1. The E will be next gen for '15 (providing it releases for it, if not I will still have my 360).

• Like Like x 1
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

To me (as a gamer) this is a win. I love being able to sell games (granted for small prices) is a huge sell to me. The Kinect I'm still weary about but I like what it's potential is. Also being able to take my games to a buddies and just play with no hassle or lend him a game is a win in my book.

As a consumer and one who wants innovations, this is a HUGE loss. As Shaun was explaining to me, the gripe about online checks is fucking babies crying about bytes of info being transmitted and you wouldn't even notice. The gain of DRM to developers would of been a huge sell as well. Shaun also told me how developers cannot develop a game in the thought that people MAY be online. Having a system run completely by the cloud would open so many doors that little whiny ass bitch gamers can't get through their heads. There, I'm disappointed in people's narrow-minded-ness. People are so egocentric that its sickening. People are scared of change and look what we got out of it: a more expensive Xbox 360. If that's what the gaming world wants, so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

A game has to be really, really awful for me to sell it. To me, that game has way more value in my cabinet, even if I never play it again, than it does for the $4 GameStop will give me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Same here. I almost never sell games. Hell, I still have NCAAs 12-08.

8. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

I keep all my games and avoid gamestop at all costs. I would think the developers would have loved Microsofts plan, they wouldnt have to worry about gamestop undercutting their sells, Gamestop pretty much sells used games 5-10 dollars less than new ones.

The used game market was much better before Gamestop monopolized it lol. I remember when you could go to a used game store and actually negotiate a trade in amount....

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Here in Muskegon, MI we have two places that compete with the three gamestops in the area. One is Play N Trade and the other is Video Game Exchange.....though I hear their customer service is awful...go figure