XFL ideas?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jan 28, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Hey i just saw that i have admin access to XFL, thank you to whomever gave me that access, anyways, i sent a message to vince reguarding making the OMFL a "featured league" I hope thats ok with the rest of the board.

Anyways, i was checking around to see what other league's homepages are looking like on XFL, one thing that caught my eye was

http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=league/index&lid=94

The thing that i think it pretty damn cool is the shotbox in the bottom left corner of the page, i dont have any idea how to code after looking at all that jibberish needed to code the front page but the website for it is...

http://www.shoutmix.com/main/

Ill check other leagues sooner or later and see what we could add to our league to make our homepage equally as awesome as our franny

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

another couple things i like from this page http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=league/index&lid=94 is the "biggest movers" located underneath the power rankings and suspended players thing...

Im assuming the suspended players are due to violation of that leagues rules. Yall probally talked about this but its something alot of other leagues are doing. What is yalls opinion of suspending players on teams who wont play games on time or schedule by the 2nd day of the OMFL week.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We have discussed this in the past Ox, and I do think it needs to be revisited. The talk fizzled though.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

lets get some talk on this. i love all the ideas

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

The real heart of the issue is getting the people committed to doing the work. Whether its people doing the articles or others coming up with the ideas. Some of it might be tough to do with the code itself. Im not sure if that other league would be willing to share the code for the analyst picks similar to Terry Bradshaw (with the Helmets and stuff) but the issue I see with it is that its time consuming and it requires some dedicated people to do it. Not saying it couldnt be done, but we would definitely need to hand pick 3-4 people to do the picks on a consistent basis.

I really do like the suspension idea. We can work it on tiers. 1st strike, 2nd strike etc. Depending on severity of the issue. If its scheduling related, we can determine the level of the player. Maybe its a game, maybe its more for its a bigger issue. This can be done on XFN or not. I think this would be a way to get people back on track with the scheduling as well as gameplay.

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

and recaps, definitely been disappointed there

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I agree with the recaps. I know I put a ton of effort into my recaps so I will take a little longer to post them but they truly dont need to be that long. Im not sure what the best way is to handle this so I am looking for suggestions from you guys as well. I think the best way is to use XFN since it is very easy to use. However that also means one of us needs to make sure we update the site consistently. Not that I think that will be a problem since one of us is usually on.