XFN upcoming feature: Salary Cap Management

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Dec 18, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I've provided the XFN developer, Vince, with some insights and numbers to work with for a salary cap management system. It will be a pretty involved system that actually uses player contracts versus a point system. It will be a performance based system in which player stats and rookie draft selection will supersede player overall values to determine what the player's contract demands are. It's a pretty basic formula with an intricate enough design to keep things realistic. If everything I provided Vince can be integrated into the site, the salary cap management system is intended to include trades with appropriate cap penalties, holdouts, restricted free agents, and allow for a franchise tag. There isn't a specific ETA at the present time as he has a lot on his plate, but I would hope that he will begin integrating these ideas soon. For those of you wondering, it would be designed in such a way that we will be able to manually edit the contracts. We would be able to incorporate our current franchise status (offline file) with the XFN site if everything works out according to plan.

On a side note, Vince is also looking into programming the site so that we can include our highlights with our game recaps. It will be fun to see how it all develops as there is so much more that XFN has to offer as site continues to develop before our eyes!

2. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

ya wow. now that he has this created EA will drop the online franchise capabilities.

I'm kidding...but it wouldn't surprise me.

4. CHUNKNESS

ETA is 4-6 weeks barring any unforseen circumstances.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not in this wonderful league but I follow this forum because of XFN... man I wish their was something he could do for NCAA, y'all dudes are lucky!!

6. CHUNKNESS

I believe he will be talking to Shaun about that if he hasn't already.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

When Madden 2012 drops, does Vince have to start from scratch with the XFN site, or does it all carry over?

8. CHUNKNESS

most of the programming should carry over, but it will all depend on what changes EA implements with the online franchise and their franchise website.