XFN

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Dec 10, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

OK, I think it's time that we as a league step up and support the XFN site. The amount of time and effort he has put into this is incredible and it has really made a difference in our league. He is now working on front office stuff, which would allow us to execute trades, signings and releases on the XFN site that would transfer to the online franchise. He is also working on this for upcoming drafts:

The guy is great and we are representatives of his software, appearing as one of his "feature" leagues on the XFN home page. Honestly, every suggestion Nate and I have given him, he has implemented. Jeremy mentioned we have some money in the account. A number of people I've talked to in the RealOMFL chat were willing to donate. I say we designate an amount from the OMFL account and have a donation drive from the owners to see what we come up with.

XFN has been a game changer for many in the OMFL. I think league interest is way up because of it, and we have guys who wouldn't even consider writing recaps before all of a sudden are putting out 2-3 pieces of content per week. The more we support him, the more he will definitely support us.

Thoughts?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I agree 100% Bada. I am blown away by how well put together that site is. Heck, even Christadan is posting content something he has NEVER done as an OMFL owner.

I did recieve the OMFL money from Dunlap and from quick recollection we have around $125 in the account. I have no issue whatsoever in donating some of our current monies or even having a donation drive of some sort.

Its a pity that we have given TF what we have already and recieved almost nothing in return. If this guy does what he says he can do, this would absolutely bring our league to the next level. He is adding everything EA has left out of the online franchise. Waiting to hear word on some sort of automated salary cap system. Even if its a point based cap, it would be well worth going back to that if ALL the numbers are automated.

Im getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

As soon as I get over the Christmas blues of having little spare money, I'll be donating on my own or with the OMFL. Either way, I'm donating. This website kicks 7 kinds of ass.

If you will allow me the joke, this website is the Chuck Norris of Madden online websites for franchise stuff. If he gets the ability to host forums, I'm all there.

4. BadaBing319

Not really my place to speak up in terms of league monies, but what if we took $50 of our current budget and threw it his way as a good faith gesture with more to come from league donations? Might give the guy a little extra Christmas spending dough - he's definitely earned it.

5. Jeremy

I have no issue with that Bada. It was a little more than I was thinking but for the work he is putting into it and the use we are getting out of it, I think its more than reasonable.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I completely agree. And I almost guarantee if we do some kind of donation drive for the site after the holidays wrap up, he'll get a lot of cash from us.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jeremy, I am fine with $50. That's a good investment.

8. BadaBing319

Sweet - I agree. Vince will be thrilled!

9. Jeremy

Get with me Bada and we will get the $50 to the guy.

10. BadaBing319

11. Jeremy

Yes, our money is in a Paypal account. If everyone is ok with this I will go ahead and ship him $50. Bada give him a heads up that the donation is coming so OMFL can get the proper credit for it. I will make sure & put OMFL somewhere in comments.

12. Jeremy

$50 donation sent.

Bing can you verify he has recieved.

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The XFN site is pretty damn cool.

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yup, it's a really cool site. I wonder, though, with EA supposedly rolling out the kitchen sink with Online Franchise in '12, how much of this will be included in the online franchise site EA offers.

again, it's still speculation, but if they do a Dynasty Wire type feature for Online Franchise.. does this site go away?

15. natedawg212000

I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to EA, I guess. This is, imo, the worse madden ever.

16. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

yes, yes it is

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I concur, folks.

18. BadaBing319

Wow, I disagree - I actually like this year's version.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, let me state why.

I dislike that we have to use the all madden difficulty to get any sort of challenge out of AI play. I dislike having to be an actual quarterback in the NFL just to be able to succeed in the passing game. I dislike having to have the eyes of Adrian Peterson to get any sort of run game established. I dislike that patches designed to make defenses better have made man coverage worse, zone coverage better, and both of them are now subpar. I also dislike that AI cannot cover a simple kickoff or punt coverage. I dislike that any player over 90 speed is a god in Madden, yet in real life they are 7th on the depth chart at their position and barely on special teams at all (In fairness, that one has been around a while, but it's here, so I dislike it).

Here is what I do like about this Madden, though:

You guys.

Believe me when I say that this league is the only reason I'm sticking it out. All of you. Even with some cheesers in this league (and we all know who they are), I still enjoy it. Even losing now is enjoyable after an initial anger burst at whatever goes on (my personal problem there), I still come back to you guys.

20. natedawg212000

I really wish I could say I liked it. I'd hop back to 2k10 in a heartbeat. I dont even want to look at the cd each week.

21. Jeremy

This statement upsets me.

22. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Actually, yeah, the game is not really that bad, but when people play it like Donkey Kong, it makes it not so fun (run the same pattern over and over to jump the barrels, climb the ladders, get to the top). There was a great post in the man vs zone thread from Jeremy:

I would think more than 75% of one basic scheme or concept is too much. I know this year most are running almost 100% man but it is againts OMFL rules to do this. Mix it up and not by just running a different Man coverage play out of a different formation. Mix some zone concepts,some zone blitzes. Running cover 2 every now and then isnt gonna kill anybody, it will make for a more enjoyable gaming experience for both involved.

OMFL is NOT a win first league. We are here to play Sim style football. Running man coverages 90%-95% of defensive snaps is not Sim-style football.

23. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

sorry to derail this thread, because XFN is a very enjoyable aspect of this league and game

24. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, I sorta didn't help with my little bit. Sorry.