(Y1) Championship Week News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

(Y1) Championship Week News/Updates

Post your results here!

2. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

The Sooner offense finally comes alive in the second half to win the Big XII championship 31-10

gg trude

3. Iron Mickey

Damn Tuco, you turned the jets on. How Murray run?

4. tuco418

For most the first half, it was a carbon copy of the Oklahoma State game. Trude had the ball forever and kept converting third downs. He had a 10-3 lead with about two minutes left when we were disconnected. We restarted and got the game back to where it was and Broyles barely caught a touchdown pass (cool highlight available) to tie it at the with about 40 seconds left in the 2q. On the last play of the half, the Buffs lost qb Hansen to injury after a long scramble.

Murray really stepped it up in the second, he had several long runs and a somehow broke out of the pack on a screen pass. He finished with 170 rushing yards and 69 receiving, three touchdowns. Not sure if it was enough to surpass Ingram in the Heisman race.

5. Iron Mickey

Damn, i forgot about the Big 12 Champ being in Cowboys Stadium, from that one highlight the stadium looks sweet to play in on the game.

I saw the Broyles catch, that was a sweet grab.

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

tuco great game man. i just couldnt get it going again after we got disco. from the moment i got the ball back with under a minute left and forgot that clock chew was on it was all downhill. i cant wait to duke it out again!

7. Iron Mickey

so how's it going with the film trude?

8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i have most of it recorded. unfortunately when our connection dropped out my desire to keep recording took a hit. as soon as i get settled today ill try and get everything finalized. i will definately be perfecting my recording/editing craft over the weekend!!!

*** Thanks G for all the help yesterday man. that was really cool.

9. tuco418

BTW, I would have never thrown that pass (up the sideline) under the old aspect view (4:3)...lol

10. tuco418

You're right, it seemed like two completely different games. Those disconnects really suck for obvious reasons but also they kill the momentum of the game. Restarts just destroy the vibe.

Hopefully I can bring the Sooners to Boulder next year.

BTW, I think the Cotton Bowl is in the same stadium. It was pretty sweet.

11. Iron Mickey

haha....G-Unit improves tuco's play & field vision!!

12. Iron Mickey

I saw this new post from NYJuggalo

The commish of Xbox: The Uprising

========================

When I see posts like this (which you will if you browse around enough thru the forums on TF) it makes me damn proud to run this league and have the "core" group we have. I mean really, really think about it....this league and it's members rarely bicker, call unsim play (really rare)....here in the first season we haven't had one user game take more than 48 hrs to get played, same for cpu games. We have such good communication/cohesion and everyone is on top of their game and into their teams & league. I feel that is the main key to a successful league is members like we got...active, no more than 2 leagues, passionate about the game, sportsmanship, and were all friends it seems like.

Were damn cool over here. Makes things easy and fun for me. Cause I wouldn't run shit if i had to deal with that.

and on that last comment above...lol ^^^^

i put (hand picked/scouted) this damn group of member myself practically

13. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

14. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

well said,well said

15. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

yes i must agree this is why i made CoC the only league i'm in...on a side not you (G-Unit) wont bicker/cry until i beat you down in Season 2

16. Iron Mickey

thanks

haha....bring those turtles over here!

17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Your not gone like it when we show up. Coach has already let the team know that they will be hitting the practice field first thing Sun Morning once we advance to week 1

18. Iron Mickey

Alabama beats South Carolina in a tight, close, and fun game to watch 14-10.

Game was recorded and i will have the vid up sometime tomm morn. Bout to advance to bowl week