(Y1) Week 13 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

(Y1) Week 13 News/Updates

Game updates here!

2. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

UGA handles GA tech 52-14with 21 points scored by the defense, 14 in the fourth

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama goes to OT with rival Auburn but pulls out a tough win 35-28. Ingram goes for 212 yards on 14 carries.

4. Iron Mickey

I see tuco is in the film room watchin the Bama game!!!

5. Iron Mickey

Oklahoma State shocks the country and Oklahoma 13-10 in Overtime.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Looks like there were a couple of tough rivalry games. Congrats to the winners.

7. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

South Carolina earns a hard fought victory over rival Clemson 34-27. South Carolina notched its 11th win which is a school high with two games still left to play. The Gamecocks next game will be a first as they make their first trip to the SEC Title game to face the Preseason NC favorite Alabama. South Carolina hopes to rekindle the magic from earlier in the season when they beat Bama and claim their first SEC Title and first conference championship since their only one, the 1969 ACC Championship.

8. Iron Mickey

oh damn, it's going down!!

Get your D ready to stop Ingram/Richardson & Co.

9. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Actually I was checking some out on Saturday and came upon a bit of revelation of what I dumbass I am-

While watching one of your games, I noticed that when you expanded your pre-snap read (or hit circle) you can see WR's who are split wide and their coverage. I had never been able to do that, never thought about it and just assumed it was the way the game played. I dusted off and cracked open my PS3 manual and discovered the video mode I was using was STANDARD RESOLUTION. The TV I use was an early HD model and is about nine years old. It never really dawned on me to check. So yesterday afternoon, I took a trip to the Gamestop to get a five-pronged component AV cable to replace my jurassic three-pronged AV cable. So last night was my first game with a 16:9 aspect ratio, as opposed to a 4:3. There is a major difference and it will take a little getting used to you, but to finally see the entire field is nice. Now maybe my wideouts will get the ball more.

Great game last night G, you did a great job managing the game, controlling the clock and coming up with timely defensive stops. It seemed like every time I crossed the 50 your defense would really tighten up. I kept waiting for your young QB to throw up on his shoes but it never happened.

10. Iron Mickey

Damn!! Yeah man, I can pretty much see the whole field. Good to know your on track now, you will love the new view man. It helps out so much.

Thanks man. We are going to have some fun, tuff, grind-it-out type games here in '11 man. I love these defensive games that go down to the wire. With my #1 WR, QB, and of course Hunter out again, I knew I would have to play small ball and great defense. My back-up QB Chelf made some real nice completions to keep a few important drives alive. But the ball-buster was Bryant Ward, my Fullback going for a 71 TD. Great fun game. See ya next year and good luck in the Big 12 Championship.

BTW: Our game highlight's/Low-light's is uploading now. I should have it posted by Noon eastern.

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ok guys so Colorado travels to Nebraska and comes away with a 31-28 double OT win!!!

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

and tuco that also means that on college 10 when i could barely beat you as well as this year where you have already beat me that you were playing with a handicap. i wonder how much better you will be now because taht type of thing makes a huge difference.

13. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

btw G and Tuco that looks like it was a great game! Nobody even scored until the 2nd quarter and it was a FG. then nobody in the 3rd except the game tying FG 3-3!!! Great strategic matchup im sure.

14. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

UNC handles Duke 34-7. The Tarheels finish the season unblemished with a 12-0 record. The only thing stading between UNC and the National Title Game is FSU.

15. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Wait, there is a way you can see the whole field? I am really dumb with technology stuff so I thought like you that not being able to see the whole field was just part of the game. So to see the whole field I have to buy a different AV cable?

16. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Ceps,

if your TV has hdmi input you should just plug that in and look no further. if not then you want component cables which basically will have 5 connectors at one end which you plug to your tv. (red, green, and blue along with a red and white for audio) if you have a high def TV and you are plugged in with the old red, white, and yellow setup then you need to upgrade.

17. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I have a hdmi input but I don't have a cord that plugs into the hdmi slot on the tv from my playstation, do I need one a cord that does? And yes I have an HD tv and am still using the red, white, yellow plug so I should get the 5 connector plug correct? I probably seem retarded lol but thanks for the help.

18. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

yeah man dont worry about that 5 plug cord. just go get you an HDMI cable and your game will get thousands of times better.

19. Iron Mickey

A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER

You might never cut the system off you'll see such a difference King...lol

20. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Alright awesome thanks guys. I always hate trying to see my outside receivers and only being able to see like part of them lol

21. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

gamestop can sell you an officla hdmi cable from sony made for the ps3 for 30 dollars, anyother place is charging you 75

22. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

NC State loses a heartbreaker to Maryland 14-7. No one scored until the second half.

Looks I am Papajohns.com bowl bound. Baby steps for NC State.

23. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Maryland beats NC State in a defensive battle 14-7

24. Iron Mickey

another close user game...advancing now

25. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

Crap, the bowl projections don't have me going bowling. I'm 9th in the ACC, which should put me in the GMAC bowl, put Pittsburgh took my spot.