(Y1) Week 5 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Schedule coming up

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

[​IMG]

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 43-42 against BYU (4-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Jeremy Walker has committed to Iowa

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 20-14 against Auburn (4-0).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Minnesota (4-0).

=============== #9 LSU Tigers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 59-10 against West Virginia (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Kentucky (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Charles Thompson has committed to LSU

=============== BYU Cougars (4-0) ===============
    Last week, BYU won 43-42 against Iowa (3-1).
    This week, the Cougars will host #2 Oregon (3-0).

=============== UCLA Bruins (2-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 52-35 against Oregon State (1-2).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Stanford to face the #12 Stanford Cardinal (2-1).

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 35-3 against Arizona (2-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Provo to face the BYU Cougars (4-0).

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 30-10 against Arkansas (3-1).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Gainesville to face the #13 Florida Gators (4-0).

=============== #8 Auburn Tigers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 20-14 against Michigan (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the #10 South Carolina Gamecocks (4-0).

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 44-41 against Clemson (2-2).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to South Bend to face the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-2).

=============== Tennessee Volunteers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Volunteers were idle.
    This week, the Volunteers will host Mid Tenn State (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Tennessee targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Ken Harrison has committed to Clemson

=============== #17 Arkansas Razorbacks (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas lost 30-10 against Alabama (4-0).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to College Station to face the #5 Texas A&M Aggies (3-0).

=============== Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame lost 10-3 against Pittsburgh (2-1).
    This week, the Fighting Irish will host #6 Florida State (3-0).

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Arkansas wins on the road against Texas A&M

Original Final Score
    Arkansas 30
    Texas A&M 17

[​IMG]

I always take pictures at the end of the game just in case of what ended up happening
    [​IMG]

The super sim win shows me winning 38-35. No stats were uploaded to the wire, highlight upload froze from outside of the dynasty. Hopefully the win sticks.

4. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

5. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Oregon 35, BYU 0. Ouch Charlie, that really hurt.

He raped me. Didn't even apologize either.

Today's lowlights:

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Lmfao

8. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Defense Saves #1 Ranked Alabama in Thriller with #13 Florida

The actual score was 21-17 Alabama but a transfer failed resulted in a sim win. In the actual game Alabama moved the ball up and down the field but as soon as they got into scoring range the Gator defense would lock down the Alabama receivers and the Crimson Tide offensive line could not hold out the Gator rush long enough for them to break free. The Crimson Tide lead going into the 4th Qtr on the strength of a fumble return for a TD and a interception return for a TD. But the Gators drove deep into Alabama territory and facing a 4th and goal the Gators converted for the TD. But the Crimson Tide responded as they moved the ball once again into Florida territory. Facing a 4th and 1 from the Gator 28 yard line the Crimson Tide elected to go for the first down looking for the game winning TD instead of attempting the 45 yd FG to tie. The Crimson Tide picked up the first down only to see it nullified with their 5th holding call on the day. Now out of FG range the Tide was forced to go for the first down again. McCarron found an open Marques Maze who had the yardage for the first down, only to see him drop the pass and turn the ball over to Florida with just over 2 minutes remaining. After stops and a timeout on the first 2 plays the Gators hit a big pass that carried them inside the Alabama 30 yard line. On 2nd down the Gators looked to catch the Crimson Tide off guard with a pass but the Tide was prepared. Robert Lester stepped in front of the Gator receiver at the Alabama 22 yard line a raced 78 yards for the TD and gave Alabama the lead at 21-17 with just over 1 minute remaining. After 4 incomplete passes following the kickoff the Crimson Tide escaped with the win.

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

[​IMG]

Bruins lose a defensive battle to #12 Stanford 16-10. Bruins defense held Cardinal QB Andrew Luck to just 92yds passing, but surrendered over 100yds rushing to the Cardinal backfield which would set up two 4th qtr field goals making the difference in the game. Kevin Prince would have a solid game throwing for 285yds but would miss on many opportunities to blow the game open for the Bruin offense with overthrows. Despite the inaccuracy at the QB position the Bruins still had a shot or the win late in the 4th, however Prince's pass would over shoot an open Nelson Rosario in the endzone as time expired. Bruins look to get back to winning ways as they head back to the Rose Bowl playing host to the Wazzu Cougars.

Bruin Game Stats
    K. Prince 15-36 285yds 1td 1int
    J. Franklin 12car 36yds
    N. Rosario 4rec 63yds 1td
    N. Chandler 4tckls

Coach Maij's thought after game:
    " We played hard and just missed on too many opportunites to pull out the win away from home. A little concerned with Kevin's inaccuracy today but will need to look at the tape first, defense stepped up, the Stanford offense is a juggarnaut and we held them in check, very pround of my guys. With performances like today against the best in the conference, guys know we are not far behind, and will continue to buy into the system."

10. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

-36 HOUR WARNING-

11. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

oregon-ducks.jpg
    ChildPlease9, great game man, I was finally able to get the better of you, and it was obviously due to the difference in talent on each team.

Oregon started off the scoring by hitting Lavasier Tuinei on a 30 yard slant. The Oregon D showed up in full force tipping passes right and left, causing fumbles, and just reaking havoc on the Cougars. In the 2nd quarter the Ducks were able to put 28 points on the board that that's all they would need. Thomas hit TE David Paulson on a 2 yard pass after being stuffed on two straight running plays to James. The Ducks offense would also capitalize and score on a 48 yard pass to WR Justin Hoffman, follwed by a 15 yd option run by QB Darron Thomas. In the final minutes of the 1st half the Ducks were content with taking a knee and running out the clock, however the Cougars had other thoughts and called TO on 3rd down in hopes of getting the ball back. The Ducks decided to run a play instead of taking a knee and LaMichael James took the ball and never looked back running for an 83 yd score.

The Ducks defense intercepted 2 passes, and recovered 2 fumbles.
    Darron Thomas was 10 of 13, 166 yds and 3 TDs as well as 9 carries for 18 YDs and a TD
    LaMichael James had 17 carries for 144 yds and 1 TD
    Lavasier Tuinei had 5 catches for 113 yds and a TD

12. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Florida State outlasts the Fighting Irish in a battle filled with numerous turnovers by both squads. The 'Noles survived a late game rally by Notre Dame but the defense forced a turnover on downs with less than a minute left and ran out the clock to slip out of South Bend with the W.

ND1.JPG UND2.JPG ND3.JPG ND4a.JPG ND4b.JPG

13. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Tennessee over Middle Tennessee

I had 10+ sacks, 10+ TFL, 2 defensive scores in a dominate game. Of course I got a transfer fail on that game and got a 17-14 sim win.

14. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

My internet was down all day yesterday at work so I just got to post...sorry for the delay.....Any who I played South Carolina and got a transfer failed, so a sim/played to get the 2nd win. The 1st game was a 30-3 win I sent the pic to Sabo. For what its worth in the 1st game Dyer ran for 200 and 3 score and we had a solid day from our Defense. Tired of this EA crap get it right please. In the Sim I won 49-28 my Qb throwing for 400

15. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Overall I beat up minnesota. At times, marquise Gray was throwing dimes, was really tough to stop them. They got a late TD to make it close. They took me a little by surprise. Glad I get to keep the brown jug though!!! Gardner / Smith option combo was clicking well.