(Y1) Week 7 Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Sabo, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feb 13, 2010
    =============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 42-31 against Western Kentucky (1-3).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE T.J. Moore has committed to Texas Tech

=============== Colorado State Rams (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Colorado State won 24-17 against San Jose State (0-5).
    This week, the Rams are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) RG John Nicholas has committed to Kent State

=============== Central Michigan Chippewas (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Central Michigan won 31-27 against Northern Illinois (2-3).
    This week, the Chippewas will host Southern Miss (5-0).

=============== North Texas Mean Green (1-4) ===============
    Last week the Mean Green were idle.
    This week, the Mean Green will host Florida Atlantic (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following North Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LOLB Greg Stewart has committed to UTEP
    - (**) MLB Edgar Cooper has committed to North Texas
    - (****) QB Randy Fraser has committed to LSU

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 36-34 against UL Lafayette (1-4).
    This week, the Owls travel to Denton to face the North Texas Mean Green (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Rob Butler has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== Troy Trojans (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Troy won 17-14 against UAB (1-3).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Lafayette to face the UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Troy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) K Steve Robinson has committed to Troy

=============== Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Southern Miss won 49-38 against Rice (0-4).
    This week, the Golden Eagles travel to Mt. Pleasant to face the Central Michigan Chippewas (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Southern Miss targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Brad Rhodes has committed to Southern Miss

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (5-1) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 31-24 against Western Michigan (1-4).
    This week, the Aztecs are idle.

=============== Idaho Vandals (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 35-17 against Tulane (1-4).
    This week, the Vandals will host Louisiana Tech (2-3).

=============== Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Louisiana Tech won 21-17 against Hawai'i (2-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (3-3).

=============== Tulane Green Wave (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Tulane won 35-17 against Idaho (3-3).
    This week, the Green Wave travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (0-5).

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (0-5) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State lost 38-35 against Ole Miss (4-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Tulane (1-4).
  2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feb 13, 2010
    Arkansas State defeats ULM on a last second field goal 38-35. Although the offense lacked a spark the special teams picked up the slack returning two kickoffs for touchdowns. The highlights messed up again on the upload so here are the ones i uploaded from the game to the easportsworld site.

87 Yard Kickoff Return

TD: R. Alpin pass to R. Fleming for 18yds

TD: 61yd kick by A. Munoz. D. Lawson return 92yds

INT-TD: C. Wells intercepted by N. Herrold (Pick 6)
  3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Nov 26, 2010
    CSU takes the bye week to prepare for the Blue Turf.

Here's my biggest accomplishment thus far in 12...blocked a punt today! uagrad90
  4. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Jul 24, 2010
    The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs left Moscow, Idaho with a narrow victory over their conference foe, the Idaho Vandals. The game was back and forth, with the Bulldogs ahead the majority of the game, but the Vandals had their chances. Louisiana Tech's D came alive today as they accounted for two of the team's touchdowns. CB Ryan Williams had an interception for a touchdown in the first quarter and LB Solomon Randle recovered a fumble for a touchdown late in the fourth to seal the deal for the Bulldogs. Tech will take on Rutgers at home next week in hopes of eclipsing the .500 mark for the first time this season. The final score today in Moscow, Idaho was...

[​IMG] AT [​IMG]

31 24

Great Game maij17
  5. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Feb 12, 2010
    SDSU will take the bye week to improve our defense.

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Jun 23, 2009
    CMU vs USM

Mt. Pleasant, MI.: Undefeated Southern Miss comes into a frustrated Kelly / Shorts Stadium and walks out with a loss. Central Michigan came to play on defense. First play of the game Senior Paris Cotton takes a 70+ yard rushing TD, setting the tone early. Next drive, impact Safety Jaheel Addae picked off a pass and took it for a TD! Letting QB's know that this is a No-Fly-Zone at kelly shorts!! CMU got one more from USM's QB with CB Anderson snagging a lame duck as well. USM's game plan was to jam it down the throats of the defense. Central struggled to keep up with a very quick USM team. Yet, on a late 4th and two, central was able to get an open field tackle on USM Impact RB to save the game! Coach Dream had this to say "We came into this game angry, frustrated, and pissed off. Luckily, that worked in our favor today. We smacked them in the mouth early, and hung on late for the W. We felt like our record did not show what type of team we really are. Our seniors came up big. Real proud of our team!"
  7. Tiger171

Jul 28, 2010
    North Texas can't pull off the 2OT Thriller to beat Florida Atlantic.

8. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    Well all the info I'd post is right above, thanks to Tiger, but I just wanted to add it's games like these that make me appreciate what we have going here. This was an absolute battle from the get go, NT jumped out 7 nothing on the first drive of the game, the Owls D couldn't do anything. On their first possession of the game the Owls put the ball on the ground and next thing you know it's 14-0, NT. The Owls rallied to tie the game at 14 going into halftime, and the 2nd half was just as exciting as the first. NT scored to take a 21-14 lead, and the Owls responded taking the kickoff to the house.

In the end the credit goes to the Owls D, who stepped up and made some clutch 3rd down stops.

Again gg, Tiger.
  9. Tiger171

Jul 28, 2010
    This was definitely a battle from the start and then the ot's probably took a few year off my life lol...good game and like I said NEXT YEAR lol!!
  10. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Oct 25, 2010
    Trojans Raise Season Record to .500

Troy traveled to Lafayatte to face the Ragin Cajuns in Sun Belt action. After Falling behind 10-7 in the first qtr the Trojans and then battling to a 21-17 halftime lead, Troy came out in the 3rd qtr and kicked the offense into overdrive as they puled away with 21 points in the qtr and cruised to a 42-24 win. With the win Troy evened their season record to 3-3 but more importantly they kept pace in the Sun Belt race and stayed in a 4 way tie for first with a 2-0 conference record.
  11. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Feb 10, 2011
    Fresno gets its 1st win of the year over Tulane 35-3....not a lot to brag about Tulane and coach Ford were out maned from the jump. I am not proud of my team we could not run the ball even with a superior line. We won off turnovers and misses turnovers. Fords DB's dropped 5 or 6 sure picks and my guys hawked around the ball all day getting 5 ints. Good Game Ford!

Its simple out expectations are not to loose again this year and finish the year 7-5 with a bowl win it could be 8-5.
  12. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Jan 7, 2010